Advice Request Privacy oriented download managers?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Tiamati

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
There are plenty of topics here about necessity of download managers (DM) and wich one is better. I've been testing some, including FDM, XDM and Downthemall, and reading about some others like IDM.

From those i've tested FDM is the easiest and more friendly but FDM Privacy Policy (PP) is not very clear as you can see:

all or part of information submitted by your direct or indirect access or use of service will be used to serve content on our Services along with personalized ads.

Considering it use an extension that have access to all your web browsing, this not a good thing. XDM would be a great option, but I noticed that their PP was copied from IDM (as you can see here: XDM-PP and IDM-PP), so i'm not sure about how trusty they are.

So, what do you think? Any good DM with decent PP?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.