Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
On request of @The_PrivaZer_Team I made this PrivaZer discussion thread instead of posting each individual update.

PrivaZer is a free PC cleaner & Privacy tool that cleans unwanted traces.

Homepage: Free PC cleaner & Privacy tool
Download: Free PC cleaner & Privacy tool - Download
Donors version: Free PC cleaner & Privacy tool - Download
Release notes: Release notes - PrivaZer
Discussion thread on Wilders: PrivaZer Discussion Thread
Older threads:

Last edited:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Excellent, thanks a lot Gandalf_The_Grey. There was a suggestion to include cleanup of Delivery Optimization files, which can be well over 1GB. Not sure if that was included in this new version --"new cleanup added". Maybe The_PrivaZer_Team can clarify next time he comes to this thread. (y)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Excellent, thanks a lot Gandalf_The_Grey. There was a suggestion to include cleanup of Delivery Optimization files, which can be well over 1GB. Not sure if that was included in this new version --"new cleanup added". Maybe The_PrivaZer_Team can clarify next time he comes to this thread. (y)
Just ran the new version and saw that delivery optimization files are now cleaned by (automatically) launching disk cleanup.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Understood. And it's true that if cleaning of the Bin is done, the PrivaZer icon migrates to the tray but then doesn't remain there. (y)

So, if you change your mind and close PrivaZer without its having cleaned anything, it's still supposed to go into the tray and keep running? Like I said before: there is slight, actually negligible, cpu usage of 1% if PrivaZer is in the tray. Plus, when I close an application, I don't want its effects remaining on the system.

The_PrivaZer_Team

From PrivaZer
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Jan 19, 2020
In fact, you've closed a child window of PrivaZer but not the main window. That's why.
But I understand your point. If PrivaZer was not running before, there is no reason to have it in the system tray if you close the child window as you did.
We will fix it as it is not friendly. Thanks for your precious help.;)

(Here is the main window )
1583597328905.png

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
@The_PrivaZer_Team - I tried your app again recently and I have to say: the GUI is neither eye-pleasing or clear about what items are being cleaned prior to, or after cleaning. I just find it very confusing to use. It seems it is geared for the average user with options for advanced users. I no longer am using it but thought this feedback might be helpful to improve your product.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
PrivaZer version 3.0.95 released today:
v3.0.95 (20 March 2020)
+ Improved cleanup : Snapshots / Shadows
+ Improved cleanup : Previous version of Windows
+ Improved cleanup : Windows Update
+ Improved cleanup : Shellbags (Donors version)

+ Improved command lines : option "/HIDE" (Donors version)

+ Improved UI : You can change the delay before cleanups
+ Improved UI : Improved selection of multiple drives
+ Improved UI : Closing of PrivaZer when using contextual menu
+ Improved support : german
Home page: Free PC cleaner & Privacy tool
Download free version: Free PC cleaner & Privacy tool - Download
Download donors version: Free PC cleaner & Privacy tool - Download

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Thank you, Gandalf_The_Grey. This performs as advertised now. Only thing: I'd asked about cleaning out the javascript files in Opera's cache and it seems it's not (yet) implemented. So my request for that stands. Incidentally, these are tiny, usually just 1 or a few kb, but they sure can add up. If you use Opera and are a light to moderate browser, over time, these can balloon into the tens of thousands and use a few hundred MBs on your disk. So, it would be nice to have PrivaZer do this stack for you. (y)

File path: C:\ Users \ user name \ AppData \ Roaming \ Opera Software \ Opera Stable \ Code Cache \ js

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Thank you, Gandalf_The_Grey. This performs as advertised now. Only thing: I'd asked about cleaning out the javascript files in Opera's cache and it seems it's not (yet) implemented. So my request for that stands. Incidentally, these are tiny, usually just 1 or a few kb, but they sure can add up. If you use Opera and are a light to moderate browser, over time, these can balloon into the tens of thousands and use a few hundred MBs on your disk. So, it would be nice to have PrivaZer do this stack for you. (y)

File path: C:\ Users \ user name \ AppData \ Roaming \ Opera Software \ Opera Stable \ Code Cache \ js
Maybe also post your request at Wilders, the dev is more active there it seems. 🤔

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Well, I don't want to seem pushy and annoying, Gandalf_The_Grey. :D

It's over there farther up, he might have seen it. The only thing questionable is if he considers these files a privacy issue. Hmm, if it's not implemented in the next PrivaZer build, then maybe I'll ask because it's kind of a drag to remove these js files manually.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
it's kind of a drag to remove these js files manually.

Yes, it is. So....I broke my self-imposed law, submitted some info to Sophos and reinstated Sandboxie, version 5.33.3. Opera's now in the box and since the box is set to delete automatically when Opera's closed, all those yucky js files are deleted. Yay! Edge doesn't like SBIE as much, taking longer to launch, so it's OK in the open.

Unrelated note: I'm cautiously optimistic about Sandboxie. Who knows what Windows v.2004 will do to it. But for now, it's "back in black." :cool: Computer security config. edited accordingly.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Impressions I used.:)
While cCleaner and wise have the lightness of kung fu, this software has the weight feeling of sumo wrestling. You may be disappointed if it takes a little time to work, and if you use it with the sensation of wiping lightly. It is effective for capacity recovery. However, if you use it frequently, you will not feel the effect much.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
@plat1098 , I wanted to avoid going too much off-topic in this thread. Check here for a solution in Opera :
I do agree that it should exist a include option in Privazer. CCleaner has it and others. The reason with Privazer I can guess, but hopefully the developer can answer.

The_PrivaZer_Team

From PrivaZer
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Jan 19, 2020
Hello here,
first of all, I've a problem getting notified when there is an update in this thread. I don't know why. The thread is marked as "watched"...

@oldschool,
I agree with you, our design/UI is far from being the best :eek:. The reason for that is that we are more developers than designers but we will improve it.
The second reason is that our goal was to show users both things :
  • the traces of their past activities (scan result)
  • the files/ directories / databases and other things (erased or modified by PrivaZer)
so, that can be a bit confusing.

@plat1098,
I will look into Code Cache \ js . I keep you posted here.

Thanks to @all,
I hope I can receive automatically the thread updates in the future....

I wish you the best in this period,

Fladen,

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.