New Update PrivaZer Discussion Thread

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
@plat1098 , I wanted to avoid going too much off-topic in this thread. Check here for a solution in Opera :

Yes, that's the one, or part of that. I saw that much earlier, but more importantly, The_PrivaZer_Team saw it and is considering including it. I don't know what Opera's user share is but if Opera Included by name in Sandboxie, it surely can be included elsewhere. :cool: PrivaZer supports Opera but does not clean this area (yet).

Good to remind that the browser mechanism can clean this out, it didn't occur to me as I literally never use that. :unsure:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Hello. This tiny issue has been happening sporadically in the previous version also. Currently at the latest version: 3.0.96 (notified of new version over at Wilders). The "busy" hourglass is substituted for the regular system mouse pointer when going to click on "Start" button. Everything functions just fine otherwise. I made a short clip; again, it doesn't occur every time, but I can't seem to trigger it specifically. :unsure: :whistle: :coffee:🍪

Nice changelog, (y)

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Hello. Isn't PrivaZer supposed to clear Opera's js files now? user\ AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera Stable\Code Cache\js. PrivaZer is latest build 3.0.96.1. If not, please disregard, but I understood that this was now implemented.

Should not make a difference but am currently running an Insider build 19603.1000. Previously, Sandboxie had been successfully clearing out those files but I had to remove this because it's not working well here.

I made a little clip--toward the end of the second cleaning process (ran PrivaZer twice to verify it wasn't clearing those files like it should), you can see all the little files are still there. 😭

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
It will clean the "Code Cache" of Chromium-like browsers.

Hello. Afraid it does not, not on this machine. Another clip to demonstrate is below. The new interface is, well it's different. :LOL: Perhaps oldschool can give an opinion better. I think it's confusing at first to put a round icon next to the item you want to scan and clean, like "computer. " It seems you have to click on the item itself, like "computer" or "HDD." Maybe one can reconsider those little round things, one maybe is inclined to click on those to select.

I've also notice that processing of MFT entries is much longer in duration. Closing Opera made it speed up. All-in-all, it took about half a minute more to clean an already cleaned out C drive using the new build with redesigned interface.

I won't pester any more. But I felt you needed to know. Thank you very much for considering user inputs, it's appreciated! (y)

The_PrivaZer_Team

From PrivaZer
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Jan 19, 2020
Can you verify that this checkbox is ticked ?

1586855421219.png

if yes, you should obtain this :

1586855475164.png

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Ooooo, well I did not explore PrivaZer that far! But I checked and it seems the Opera section, "Cache" is checked by default. So I ran just the Opera section and it seems no js files were cleaned. Unchecked and re-checked the Cache box and ran the entire sequence and the js files are still there. You can spot "Opera" in the running display under the green progress bar while it's cleaning and "Webcache" does pop up momentarily but only for a second, if that has any value.

If need be, one can run the "clear browsing history" in Opera, as @upnorth has shown. That does in fact clear them. Thanks again for your interest and consideration.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.