Solved Problem with Updates: Kaspersky, Malwarebytes and Windows Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetta1223

Thread author
Verified
Dec 22, 2013
Hi Guys,

I hope I'm posting this in the correct category on the website (it's the only place I can see a button "post a thread").

I think I may have some kind of hidden malware or virus. I can't do a boot scan because my internet requires me to manually turn it on once widows starts, therefore no possibility for a safe mode with networking.

There is something in my computer that is playing with all my updates. I don't know what it is. I used all many of the tools recommended by MalwareTips. Is somebody who is experienced in this able to possibly help me? I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2014. When I manually update it goes up to 24% and then stops there and gives me the screen "Databases and Application are up to date". I have MalwareBytes and the Update button greys out and I cannot click on it. And with Windows Updates the red flag comes up in taskbar telling me I need to choose an update method (and automatic updates is shut off).

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times. I'm afraid to go on the internet without a Sandboxie.
Can somebody please help?

Thank you.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.