ProtonVPN version 1.18.2 released with NetShield

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Since it first became available whenever that was, so three or four years. Never had any problems at all until these v18 issues.
Impressive. I used Kaspersky in the past for a long time. Now use EIS.

Reactions: Cortex

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
I've just received another email from them pretty much along the same lines, including suggesting I disable my antivirus so I can use v1.18.2. Not exactly great advice. Ah well, some people reckon antiviruses are overrated:)

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I reported to them last week that I got a BSOD every time I tried to connect to 1.18.2 (1.17.1, my previous version, works fine). Sent logs etc and I now see they've pulled all 1.18 versions. My AV is Kaspersky SCF so that's one of the AV's they're referring to. I have to say I've been very unimpressed with their support so far. They seem more concerned in concealing there was an issue than telling me the truth. Despite several emails from them no mention of AV conflicts. I'll report back as to how things are resolved.
I don't like this policy. Honesty is the best policy. What you said made me dislike ProtonVPN.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.