Advice Request Qihoo 360 any good these days?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Rengar

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Hi,
I have been using Qihoo 360 TS for 458 days and i can say im happy with it in terms of protection, ram usage etc. When i installed it, i blocked the process with firewall that was generating ads. Then i enabled BitDefender and Avira engines, disabled Online shopping protection and USB drive protection as i dont find them useful.

Yesterday i installed CF( proactive mode), disabled everything except firewall and made some other changes as well. The reason behind this is that i want a good sandbox program with many settings to run unknown apps( if need). Then, the Firewall is quite handy due to the tons of features it provides.

I also whitelisted the processes of both apps to each other just to be sure there wont be any sort of collisions.
If you want to know how exactly i have configured CF let me know.

I havent been active for quite a while here but i was checking the place from time to time. I commented on that post because i wanted to let you know that Qihoo is still a solid option.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
I remember it used to be good 2 years back or so. Now that Kaspersky & Avast is holding the best free antivirus spots, has Qihoo improved and could be considered now?
Is not like Kaspersky or Avast but is not bad. If you use it with syshardener , and the 360 sanbox for unknown files , one good web filter like bitdefender traficlight because the 360 extension is useless the protection is realy good. Is very light with low ram.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
not anymore. Use Wisevector instead. Have a look at this thread and you will understand why :emoji_ok_hand:

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
not anymore. Use Wisevector instead. Have a look at this thread and you will understand why :emoji_ok_hand:
Perfect results but i will wait the register in Windows Security Center

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Perfect results but i will wait the register in Windows Security Center
I disabled Security center in windows 8.1 and uncheck antivirus protection in windows 10 so it won't bother me anymore :emoji_ok_hand:
security center does almost nothing to our security. It just detects what we have or what we lack or if we forget to backup...
IMO, useless, and resource wasting

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
I disabled Security center in windows 8.1 and uncheck antivirus protection in windows 10 so it won't bother me anymore :emoji_ok_hand:
security center does almost nothing to our security. It just detects what we have or what we lack or if we forget to backup...
IMO, useless, and resource wasting
:unsure::unsure::unsure: Is not bad idea.

:unsure::unsure::unsure: Is not bad idea.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Hi,
I have been using Qihoo 360 TS for 458 days and i can say im happy with it in terms of protection, ram usage etc. When i installed it, i blocked the process with firewall that was generating ads. Then i enabled BitDefender and Avira engines, disabled Online shopping protection and USB drive protection as i dont find them useful.

Yesterday i installed CF( proactive mode), disabled everything except firewall and made some other changes as well. The reason behind this is that i want a good sandbox program with many settings to run unknown apps( if need). Then, the Firewall is quite handy due to the tons of features it provides.

I also whitelisted the processes of both apps to each other just to be sure there wont be any sort of collisions.
If you want to know how exactly i have configured CF let me know.

I havent been active for quite a while here but i was checking the place from time to time. I commented on that post because i wanted to let you know that Qihoo is still a solid option.
please could you send me the configuration for both programs as a reference for the future usage

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Good, not sure...sorry. From China, meh.

I'd prob stick to Defender nowadays if I was looking for a free route.

In the past (~5 years ago), I used it extensively on customers PCs, but now I am taking it off ASAP when I see it.

It gained a lot of popularity at release, prob due to it's super cool "3 AV engines".... Then Qihoo 360 TS got sneaky with addins, advertisements, etc. similar to Avast.

Last edited:

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Good, not sure...sorry. From China, meh.

I'd prob stick to Defender nowadays if I was looking for a free route.

In the past (~5 years ago), I used it extensively on customers PCs, but now I am taking it off ASAP when I see it.

It gained a lot of popularity at release, prob due to it's super cool "3 AV engines".... Then Qihoo 360 TS got sneaky with addins, advertisements, etc. similar to Avast.
Avast AVG is very easy to block the ads.

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Couldn't find a link for it

Reactions: bribon77 and AtlBo

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I find it worrying that in this forum users tend to ditch their antivirus solution for a brand new, unknown piece of software that scored well on a couple of tests. No offense, at all, but what do we know about WiseVector? All I can see is it's from China. Same thing happened with 360 back then, and with Cylance. Unknown products suddenly take protagonism, and people ditch their life, well known company for some product which policies we do not know, because it offered good protection in several tests. I find it to be a messy way to try to achieve security, but everybody is free to do whatever they want with their system.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
I find it worrying that in this forum users tend to ditch their antivirus solution for a brand new, unknown piece of software that scored well on a couple of tests. No offense, at all, but what do we know about WiseVector? All I can see is it's from China. Same thing happened with 360 back then, and with Cylance. Unknown products suddenly take protagonism, and people ditch their life, well known company for some product which policies we do not know, because it offered good protection in several tests. I find it to be a messy way to try to achieve security, but everybody is free to do whatever they want with their system.

Yeah.

If somebody's goal is strictly security and they choose unproven companies from places where there is little consumer protection.... that's a mess. Qihoo was proven untrustworthy right from the beginning. I'm surprised so many treat them as legit. And there is more to the Qihoo story..

But... if like many here, trying various products is part of the enjoyment..... that's different I think. But even just trying things, there is more risk than some realize throwing open the gates of your system to some companies.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
All I can see is it's from China.
And what that means. Are companies from Russia or America virgins ? Kaspersky???? Google??? I see negative comments all the time and they are from persons who don't use them. I use many years programs from China. Especially IOBIT programs (is more from 15 years on my system non stop) and the 360 I had for many years in my system. A free protection, very light , and pretty good for the years I had my system without one infection. Now about Vise vector the answer come from Evjl's Rain (this is a dedicated thread for the product where the developers actively listens to users and improves their product) This is a reason for me to look seriously at their product

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.