Advice Request Question about extensions to use with Adguard.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

jolt2

Thread author
Jul 25, 2022
I bought Adguard and want to know what extensions I can remove from Firefox web browser when I install Adguard program. I am looking at cutting down on overlap of these programs and extensions. Privacy and security are both important to me and I know that there are trade offs between the two. I will be using this on Windows10 with Bitdefender AV and I use a VPN too. What I have now for extensions are the following:
  • Bitdefender Anti-tracker
  • CanvasBlocker
  • ClearURLs
  • Cookie Auto Delete
  • Decentraleyes
  • HTTP Everywhere
  • NoScripts
  • UBlock Origin
  • WebRTC Control
  • Privacy Possum (disabled for now as it was not blocking much with the other extensions)
I am not sure if I am posting this in the proper section because my question is both about extensions and Adguard program working together. Also is the Adguard extension needed if the program is on my system?

Thank you for any advice and help with this!

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
With Adguard for Windows I would only keep:
  • CanvasBlocker
  • Cookie Auto Delete
Add ClearURL's filter list to Adguard filters and you're done. The rest are not really needed.

Also I don't see the point of using NoScript these days (breaks too many websites) unless you use tor or you're a high value target.

Reactions: amirr and vtqhtr413

monkeylove

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
I retained ClearURLs and CookieAutoDelete. I also have ETP on strict in FF. Finally, I use the Adguard Browser Assistant for ease of use.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Add ClearURL's filter list to Adguard filters and you're done. The rest are not really needed.
Hi. Can you kindly let me know how to do that? Thanks.

By the way, should I use Cookie Auto Delete, if I use CCleaner?

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016

Click subscribe and you're done!

Cookie Auto Delete is a good extension I think, if you clean after every browser session or clear data on browser exit you may not need it though.

Reactions: Alexai

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.