Advice Request Question about extensions to use with Adguard.

AdGuard
6 Replies 1,472 Views
Share practical recommendations that address the author's needs.

jolt2

New Member
I bought Adguard and want to know what extensions I can remove from Firefox web browser when I install Adguard program. I am looking at cutting down on overlap of these programs and extensions. Privacy and security are both important to me and I know that there are trade offs between the two. I will be using this on Windows10 with Bitdefender AV and I use a VPN too. What I have now for extensions are the following:
  • Bitdefender Anti-tracker
  • CanvasBlocker
  • ClearURLs
  • Cookie Auto Delete
  • Decentraleyes
  • HTTP Everywhere
  • NoScripts
  • UBlock Origin
  • WebRTC Control
  • Privacy Possum (disabled for now as it was not blocking much with the other extensions)
I am not sure if I am posting this in the proper section because my question is both about extensions and Adguard program working together. Also is the Adguard extension needed if the program is on my system?

Thank you for any advice and help with this!
 
With Adguard for Windows I would only keep:
  • CanvasBlocker
  • Cookie Auto Delete
Add ClearURL's filter list to Adguard filters and you're done. The rest are not really needed.

Also I don't see the point of using NoScript these days (breaks too many websites) unless you use tor or you're a high value target.
 
I retained ClearURLs and CookieAutoDelete. I also have ETP on strict in FF. Finally, I use the Adguard Browser Assistant for ease of use.
 

Click subscribe and you're done!

Cookie Auto Delete is a good extension I think, if you clean after every browser session or clear data on browser exit you may not need it though.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top