Re-Captha 3.xxxx malware not being identified in Malwarebytes scans

Thread details
Affected operating system
Android version 14
Affected device
Galaxy S24
Symptoms on the affected device
Constant messages about viruses detected...all look to be on browser with re-captha version 3.xxxx. See screenshot. I have disabled all notifications from all browsers since I'm getting notifications from whatever browsers I'm using on my phone.
Steps taken to remove the infection
Download Malwarebytes and scan shows no infections. Also ran Norton 360 which doesn't pick this up.
Browsers affected by infection
  1. Chrome
  2. Firefox
  3. Other (specify in thread)

Javaman219

New Member
I was reading the removal tips for this malware which instructs us to download Malwarebytes. I have run through the scans and nothing is showing up, but I'm getting bombarded by messages about viruses on my Android, and the websites it's trying to get me to go to all say re-captha 3.xxx.

Why isn't Malwarebytes finding this malware? My employer wants to me reset my phone to factory settings but it will take me almost a day to get back online on my phone...we have so many security procedures we use our phone for to authenticate getting into the network from our laptops.
 

Attachments

  • recaptha.jpg
    recaptha.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 300
It's possible that the malware is well-hidden or not recognized by Malwarebytes yet. However, you can try updating your Malwarebytes app to the latest version and running the scan again. If the issue persists, it might be a good idea to contact Malwarebytes support for further assistance. Also, consider using other reputable antivirus programs. Remember not to click on any suspicious links or pop-ups.
 
I have the latest version of the Malwarebytes, and as stated (knowing, of course that the response was AI generated, lol) I ran Norton 360, also updated to the latest version, which did not catch this.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top