Rebel4Life Laptop

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
RE: Rebel4Life Machine

Rebel you made too many changes in one day to your computer, that does more harm to the PC than getting infected.

If I was you, I would follow Overkills advice and use Windows firewall. Thats what I use in 2 computers and haven't had anything leaked. About the AV, pick one of the four or five that you tested today and leave it on for a few days. Some antiviruses need a day or two and a full scan to get to know your computer a little better.

Bo

D

Deleted member 178

i agree, even me i, in my testing period, i did less changes than you ^^

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

i updated my firewall to online armor and i had no problems with avast on installation of online looking for UMBRA guides

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

updated added a few new stuff like encryption and network and hard drive monitors

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Why don't you have any addons for Chrome?

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

because they slow down my browser plus i got shield from avast too many addons makes my browser slow down and loading pages are a pain in the butt i tried with 5 addons and im happy with my browser now plus i changed my DNS to servers in toronto closer and fastest

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Fair enough, just asking. :)

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

can i use avast and mamutu with eset or do i have to uninstall them plus looking to trade eset for an vipre licence

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Why would you bog down your PC with 3 security applications?

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

updated my machine and i want to know what is a good free media player where i can listen to music and maybe download some new music tunes

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

updated and added virtual keyboard a add-on in chrome

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

Can you please throw some light on usability,effectiveness ans system impact of outpost security pro 8

Thanks

:)

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

mostly have everything on default which is not bad its learning mode is a bit annoying but the firewall has to learn your system right and its quietly works in the background and light on my system fast boot times

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

hiya guys i want to try out chrome OS which software should i use either virtualbox or vmplayer and maybe some linux OS

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

I personally go with VMware, due to the fact that you can take snapshots.

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

hiya guys what is a goo 100% free driver updater not slimdriver or drivermax both are not good in finding drivers drivermax says 11 drivers out of date and slimdriver says only 4

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

I've always had good luck with slim drivers, device doctor is another good one
What drivers are you needing to update? It's not always a good thing to update a driver that is working properly if that's the case?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.