Not open for further replies.

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
hmmm... time to renew my F-Secure (originally Total) and I had 3 licenses. For now, I only need one license, and F-Secure's reply to that is (seems to be) to charge me more $$USD for one license. F-Secure wants $90US for Internet Security & VPN. I don't really need their vpn, but I have used it when running VM with F-Secure. The cost just seems a tad high to me, so I think I will let F-Secure expire and use this VM for something else. I like F-Secure but the cost seems non-competitive, and I'm not in the mood to hunt for a deal. Anyone else paying $90US/year for F-Secure with its vpn?

Solution
Hi,

First I want to thank all those who trust us.

I though I can provide more information about the renewal strategy of F-Secure which can help users.

F-Secure like almost all other brands (excluding Emsisoft) try to push users to purchase their software directly from there.

Kaspersky, Avast and AVG, Norton and many others are the same. In case of Avast, their support even told our customers several times that their license key is not legit! And when we contacted their our account manager, they said sorry .. this was a misunderstanding. And this happened several times.

In case of F-Secure, you can always add licenses bought from their resellers and add it to your account. Actually F-Secure is kind of more fair than others mentioned...

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I think I'm going to do the same as you Simmer, ditch FSecure.

Going to try Defender with Configure Defender and a secondary program to be determined.
For clarification I am not suggesting F-Secure is disreputable, just that their renewal process annoyed me, and why not make it a pleasant experience for user who otherwise likes FS av.
Meanwhile, for me, Voodooshield aka CyberLock (now v7.62) has been a great supplement for 10+ years and Dan is readily available if needed, which for me has been rare.

Reactions: Jonny Quest
Upvote 0

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Strike 1: Posted a question on their forum for staff 2 days ago and no answer yet.
Strike 2: Logging into their forum has been super hard, couldn't do it at all yesterday afternoon, kept getting an error, got in today but clicking on my post results in a white screen. ( Not my security programs, all my other forum log-ins work.)
2023-11-30_19-23-02.png

Understand it's hard to know, because it's not posted on their forum, but I added a sticky post with a link to their service status page here:

Upvote 0

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
For clarification I am not suggesting F-Secure is disreputable, just that their renewal process annoyed me, and why not make it a pleasant experience for user who otherwise likes FS av.
Meanwhile, for me, Voodooshield aka CyberLock (now v7.62) has been a great supplement for 10+ years and Dan is readily available if needed, which for me has been rare.
Neither am I.

Upvote 0

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
View attachment 279942

Understand it's hard to know, because it's not posted on their forum, but I added a sticky post with a link to their service status page here:
Thanks for this.

Reactions: franz
Upvote 0

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
You buy a "cheap" key and you don't know what your getting, possibly a pirated license or one that won't be honoured. I know G2A has been selling bogus Malwarebytes licenses for years. Only one I would trust is Serial Cart.
g2a is not good, use kinguin instead, you get your money back if the license isnt working.

And by pirate you mean blacklisted license i guess? if the license binds to your account only its not getting blacklisted.

Some prices on serialcart are decent, but i dont use them as you cant pay with the paysafecard

Upvote 0

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
The reason prices are cheap, is that people buys legit licenses with stolen credit cards and sells them lower price at places like kinguin, g2a, gamivo etc.
Well I have no desire to buy a license that was accrued by dubious means. If you like an AV buy it from an official reseller to support the company. Or else before you know it GenDigital will own all of them. :p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.