Rest In Peace @Frogboy!

ChemicalB

Level 8
Verified
Sep 14, 2018
Well, I don't know for sure where Frogboy is right now, but last night I got a good chuckle about how he might look at the whole thing of living and dying etc. I was sitting on the curb outside where I live, mulling over my problems and the world's problems, and as usual I was more or less just searching to find a way to stave off a nose dive of depression. No idea what I was thinking about at 11 PM, when suddently a small object no larger than about 1/2 inch flew by in my periphery about two or three feet away. Well, it took me a few seconds to gather my wits, but I remember it landed with a kersplat, so maybe that's what made me nervous about it. I couldn't immediately think of anything that sounds like that plopping onto pavement. However, when I pulled myself together to focus on the object laying on the driveway (it came from the curb direction), sure enough it was, you guessed it...a tiny green tree frog...three toes and all. Just like this and about this size:

View attachment 197558

Oh yeah, I made triple sure. I got up close and got a good look. Well, I went upstairs after watching it jump across the driveway (with gigantic leaps) to get the phone to take a picture, but more people came around, and he must have gotten nervous about the scene and jumped away :(

Btw, I haven't seen one of these in I bet 30 years...and I am outside a substantial amount of the time. What kind of odds are these that I would see one now? After reading about @davisd's dream, I am now a believer. No getting rid of the frog...and maybe his mission wasn't quite finished yet lol. Thanks for all the posts in his memory and for the thread. It's all been great to read...
It is a sign, at least I want to believe that.
I've experienced something similar when my best friend died a few years ago.
Often I was listening his favorite song (not very known, a song of Genesis) everywhere.
Coincidence? Maybe.

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Well, I don't know for sure where Frogboy is right now, but last night I got a good chuckle about how he might look at the whole thing of living and dying etc. I was sitting on the curb outside where I live, mulling over my problems and the world's problems, and as usual I was more or less just searching to find a way to stave off a nose dive of depression. No idea what I was thinking about at 11 PM, when suddently a small object no larger than about 1/2 inch flew by in my periphery about two or three feet away. Well, it took me a few seconds to gather my wits, but I remember it landed with a kersplat, so maybe that's what made me nervous about it. I couldn't immediately think of anything that sounds like that plopping onto pavement. However, when I pulled myself together to focus on the object laying on the driveway (it came from the curb direction), sure enough it was, you guessed it...a tiny green tree frog...three toes and all. Just like this and about this size:

View attachment 197558

Oh yeah, I made triple sure. I got up close and got a good look. Well, I went upstairs after watching it jump across the driveway (with gigantic leaps) to get the phone to take a picture, but more people came around, and he must have gotten nervous about the scene and jumped away :(

Btw, I haven't seen one of these in I bet 30 years...and I am outside a substantial amount of the time. What kind of odds are these that I would see one now? After reading about @davisd's dream, I am now a believer. No getting rid of the frog...and maybe his mission wasn't quite finished yet lol. Thanks for all the posts in his memory and for the thread. It's all been great to read...

@AtlBo, you made me cry (again) but with a smile this time.

a post from froggy's sis on his facebook timeline :
View attachment 197572

Thanks @Trickster for the update, i hope that @frogboy 's sister finds some small comfort in these messages for her brother and knows how much we loved him.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
This following is posted with permission of Craig's ( @frogboy ) sister
received_348301575909658.jpeg

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
No worries my friend! His sister told me that their mother was also truely touched by all passion for her son in this thread! What a fine and heartwarming community we have and that we honour the lagacy of the frogster!
Froggy was my first (and best) friend on MT. He simply was a beautiful person, I always liked our conversations and funny PMs. He was always very kind, wonderful and ready to help others members!!!

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
I am deeply sad to hear that @frogboy one of my first friends here at MT has passed away. Thank you Craig for all that you have done here at MT. Your legacy will live on. I teared up pretty bad when I found out you passed away my friend... MT will not be the same without you! I know you are in a better place. May God provide your family with peace and comfort in knowing that you were cherished by countless people throughout this world.

To the familiy of Craig: My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know this time is extremely tough and hard beyond our understanding and imagination. Please know that part of Craig will live on through me, because he was one great man who always always uplifted others and helped others here at MT. I will continue to help others as he was a great help to me at times - personal and tech wise.

Rest in peace Craig. You'll always be part of MT and part of you will always be part of me.

~ Brian H.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.