• Total voters
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Rollback RX Pro:

Home

Features

Download

Rollback Rx is a pearl in protecting your PC, its main purpose is to save a snapshot of your current system (or selected partition) and in the case you have a system failure, infection, or just deleted something important , you just need one click to restore it as if nothing happened.

You will say " i have a Backup Image, why i should use that?"

My answer is simple :

How long you have to wait when doing a backup image of your system? 20, 30mn, 1 hour? then how long to restore it?
For me it took 10-15mn for just backup my 17.5gb system with Acronis, With Rollback, i need 1mn !

Also RX allows you to take multiple successive snapshots then delete the ones you don't need anymore.

Rollback sit on the top of your system, it create an "hidden partition" where it stocks the snapshots. It is why imaging softwares are not compatible since they don't recognize the hidden partition, and both loads drivers on boot so you may have conflicts.

Tip: If you still need an imaging backup software, i suggest you to use the boot CD version instead of the installer one (most of them allow you to create it) so you will avoid to install drivers that may conflict with RX, and the boot CD will load before RX.

Tip 2 : i highly suggest to do a cleaning of your system, defragmentation, backup image BEFORE installing RX.

now go for a tour:

Main Tab

the home tab, here you will find the basic information about RX and your system, nothing very exciting here.

blKGfgy.jpg

Instant Recovery

here is the place where you can restore your snapshots, it indicates the size, status, date of creation, and type of snapshot.

RX when, installed, create an "origin" snapshot called "Baseline" it will be the source of all further snapshots and it is locked from deletion by default.
On my screenshot you can observe i created a "test lab" snapshot (where i test malwares and security solutions), the snapshot is a "user" type, means it is not locked by default (but i locked it)

1CcXMad.jpg

Recover

Here RX allow you to just recover some files from your past snapshots, very useful when you just deleted by mistake your copy of an long time consuming made report ;)

t0uQ6rO.jpg

Explore Snapshot

with this you can explore the content of a snapshot; it will be mounted as a virtual drive.

GAKMwKW.jpg

Snapshot

This tab is the snapshot manager, but here you can lock/unlock snapshots and delete old ones.

UYAzl6f.jpg

Task Scheduler

The place for automate different tasks

eGXyYxi.jpg

Event Log

Just an event log

V7KHcxK.jpg

Tools and Settings

there you will have the tools and setting tabs.

6SK3mn6.jpg

Access Control

Here is just the panel when you can add a password to your snapshots.

xNwJzYE.jpg

Baseline Manager

There you can manage the baseline (original snapshot) or create a new one.

1ncMBmo.jpg

Snapshot Defragmenter

Here is a very useful tab, with time as any files, snapshot get fragmented, there you can defragment them (it is why i said earlier than
3rd party software (Puran, auslogic and co. are not recommended, because they will change the structure of your current system (in fact an active snapshot, and will make the next one bigger in size).

A while ago all my snapshots (saved + current) took around 8gb of space, after defragmenting them here, i regained 5gb.

kjLrou6.jpg

Program Settings

3 tabs here:

- Program Appearance: just one thing, you can change the key for opening RX during the boot (useful on a laptop without the "Home" key.

aqIMOYf.jpg

- Advanced Setting : some settings to facilitate the use of RX

NfHXETx.jpg

- Network Setting : just to remotely control RX

PjMts2D.jpg

It is Finished ! :D

For a final note:

Rollback RX is a very very useful tool that will save your life many times, if you can afford the price don't hesitate.

I rate it 5/5

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
RE: Rollback RX Pro

Hi umbra good software to review
I am currently using it and its really a awesome software which saves lot of time for guy like me who loves to install various software for fun on his pc

P

Plexx

Thread author

So if I get this, it takes like snapshots correct?

Suppose I got a partition of 600GB, and 200GB are used (OS, music, files, games and installers). I can restore the current 200GB snaphot in under 30 mins?

Where are the snapshots stored?

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

Biozfear said:
So if I get this, it takes like snapshots correct?

Suppose I got a partition of 600GB, and 200GB are used (OS, music, files, games and installers). I can restore the current 200GB snaphot in under 30 mins?

Where are the snapshots stored?

30 minutes?????
only 1-2 minutes
it stored on c but it never occupy that much space

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

Its very much different with backup software.
It will revert back to snapshot in less then 1 minute
Its take snapshot absolutely correct.

Suppose you have 600 Gb hd and 200 Gb of data before you install rollback,
So it will take snapshot of 200 gb of data but that does not mean your hd is now 400 gb but its still 200 Gb + some mb.

But installing and taking 1st snapshot if you take 2nd snapshot and if you installed 4 gb data in between then you take new snapshot then the new snapshot will be of 4 gb and will be installed on c

P

Plexx

Thread author

In order words, it is like window's system restore basically but a paid solution?

Reactions: Neno

InternetChicken

Jul 16, 2012

Thanks Umbra Corp
nice work as always
Yes Biozfear but is faster and can boot from menu at pc startup
Biozfear said:
In order words, it is like window's system restore basically but a paid solution?

I have used Rollback RX on my pc with with just windows and some software installed
about 16 GB in size takes me about 1 min,
To Rollback To a snap Shot takes about 2 min

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

Biozfear said:

no way buddy,windows System restore is crap and it leaves everything behind whereas it did;nt left anything i must say anything after change.
clean and clear system
Say if you have c,d,e,f partition and you download something on partition f after taking screenshot .
when you revert back the download software of f will not be there and even best recovery tool will not get it.

even database rules and registry are remain same of the time when you take screenshot
Why don't u try 30days trial and you will surely like it

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

review finished + screenshots added

P

Plexx

Thread author

Interesting. I will give it a try once I get Pure out of the way. 2 hours scan time for a full scan is one thing that is stopping me from completing the video...

That and AION, having over 2 hours can be difficult:)

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
RE: [Review] Rollback RX Pro

yes you should try. it is worth the shot.

edited the OP
added a tip for those who can't live without an imaging software

Stranger said:
Hi umbra good software to review
I am currently using it and its really a awesome software which saves lot of time for guy like me who loves to install various software for fun on his pc

hi and Thanks, as i like to test multiple software during the day, RX facilitate my life a lot since i dont need to worry about leftovers. just rollback and test again ^^

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

I'm sure MrXidus uses this. Looks good, would be worth giving this a shot, also because it's a backup option :p

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011

Biozfear said:

System restore doesn't do your entire drive. Rollback solutions do.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

HeffeD said:
Biozfear said:

System restore doesn't do your entire drive. Rollback solutions do.

system restore in incomparable with rollback
system restore does not remove even av like bitedefender kaspersky or norton from your system while rollback get rid of malware and even small registry

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011

I prefer Keriver 1-Click Restore Free for rollback of the system partition. Have a bad phobia for this kind rollback softwares that mess with the MBR. With Keriver there isn't much complications and is compatible to most disk imaging, also i do regular defrag with no issues at all.

P

Plexx

Thread author

I will have to play around with some rollback solutions, although I am more of a traditional backup solution user. Never hurts trying different approaches!

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

bitbizket said:
I prefer Keriver 1-Click Restore Free for rollback of the system partition. Have a bad phobia for this kind rollback softwares that mess with the MBR. With Keriver there isn't much complications and is compatible to most disk imaging, also i do regular defrag with no issues at all.

have read some negative review on forums/blogs

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012

ok i need some help
I installed Rollback rx on XP SP3, a dual boot with windows 7, i didn't install it in windows 7
I took a snap shot of C drive and not D on which windows 7 is loaded.
after reboot when i tried to boot into windows 7, i was getting continuous restarts just after the windows 7 startup logo, not a BSOD, but booting into XP was fine.
I tried to repair it via recovery console but don't what happened it couldn't repair and when i rebooted some BOOT/BCD.... error was there and i couldn't even start XP, nor safe mode, nothing just the same above error.
I tried to roll back the system to the baseline snapshot and to the 2nd snapshot which i took manually but no use.
I tried Uninstalling Rollback Rx from the early sartup console too but same no use :(

Some how with the repair disk i was able to fix the XP start up and then using visualbcd i finally brought back the system to were it was.

Now my problem is i want to install Rollback Rx, and how should i ????

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

you have some rules to follow with dual-boot systems, you should check on Rollback forum, since i just use Win7 and have XP on VM.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011

Been a user of it for 2 years now. An extremely great program in my opinion. The amount of hours, Heck, most likely days this program has saved me.

It's just great to have peace of mind knowing if you mess something up on the PC or get infected, You can literally rollback within 30 seconds and that mess, problem or infection is gone. Like it never existed. Poof! :)

Everyone in my family has SysRestore Pro installed and so far that has been doing good, Little brother tried installing modding programs for Borderlands PS3, Bad idea and was getting constant error messages popping up. No wasting time on tracking down the problem and manually fixing it, Just rollback and everything is better again.

Oh and comparing Rollback RX to Windows System Restore, :rolleyes: I seriously hope you don't do that. Thanks.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.