Advice Request Safing Portmaster

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Bumblebee Uncle

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Mar 15, 2022
Hello wonderful people :)

Has anyone here used Safing portmaster? I absolutely love the concept, their idea and been listening to their podcasts/videos etc!

But, it is extremely complicated for a few things (Can go into detail later about that). But has anyone here used it? What are your thoughts if you have used it long term?

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
Portmaster Firewall (Alpha stage) - there is already a thread on the forum about Portmaster. In my opinion, it's still more of an advanced DNS filter than a full-fledged firewall. Also, when I use it, I have no sense of reliability. For example, the other day it got stuck when I switched on a torrent client with lots of seeds.

I have no experience with their VPN alternative. Interesting, but I would like to see some kind of promo for not much money to try it, I don't want to just pay as I already have other options. :)

Bumblebee Uncle

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Mar 15, 2022
Portmaster Firewall (Alpha stage) - there is already a thread on the forum about Portmaster. In my opinion, it's still more of an advanced DNS filter than a full-fledged firewall. Also, when I use it, I have no sense of reliability. For example, the other day it got stuck when I switched on a torrent client with lots of seeds.

I have no experience with their VPN alternative. Interesting, but I would like to see some kind of promo for not much money to try it, I don't want to just pay as I already have other options. :)
Thank you for this! Interesting thread. Super tempted to try out portmaster!

markstitovits

Level 2
Sep 13, 2022
When I last used portmaster it was still in alpha, as I can see now it has a stable version now.
I absolutely loved the application, it was a great balance between easy UI and in-depth stuff. The reason I stopped using it back in the day, because it was using like 6% of my CPU (I have an ~10 years old CPU). I thought that was too much. I don't know how the app behaves now, but it must be better. Great app overall.

Reactions: Bumblebee Uncle

Bumblebee Uncle

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Mar 15, 2022
I am currently testing Evorim now and will hopefully get back to Portmaster and comment here when I have tried it for a few weeks :) thanks everyone for their input.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.