App Review Second Opinion Scanners- Part 1

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
cruelsister

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
You can add the MS Defender forum, where many/most posts are by people who like to post a lot, as if they know about security, malware analysis, etc. Really, some who just like to hear themselves go on endlessly about MS Defender's real-world deficiencies and 'layered' security. It's laughable!
Hey! I like layered security. 😁

j5lfrbmg3oi11.jpg

Source: Google Images

Last edited:

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
They really don't care for Utubers either. No accounting for taste, I guess...
They are pretty serious aren't they, you could say almost anal to a certain extent. They also don't like politics, which is a problem because it is hard to discuss cyber security without that political element these days. Wilder's sort of remind me of Armish folk, stuck in a bygone era but the world has moved on and new platforms have taken over their turf aka Podcasts, YouTube, Twitter, Mastodon, Instagram.

Saying that I still like the forum and read it, it's bland but there are some gems there even with all the issues. I really have a soft spot for it and respect a lot of the ex/current members especially the old privacy/encryption posters because they were very intelligent and thoughtful. I wish some still posted but they are either sitting on a beach drinking mojito's 🧉🍸🍹 or in prison 🚔.

j5lfrbmg3oi11.jpg

LOL. What we really need is the human/computer condom with a tin foil hat inside a faraday cage located in an underground bunker with no windows.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

j5lfrbmg3oi11.jpg

What about your feet? they look exposed:p

They are pretty serious aren't they, you could say almost anal to a certain extent. They also don't like politics, which is a problem because it is hard to discuss cyber security without that political element these days. Wilder's sort of remind me of Armish folk, stuck in a bygone era but the world has moved on and new platforms have taken over their turf aka Podcasts, YouTube, Twitter, Mastodon, Instagram.

Saying that I still like the forum and read it, it's bland but there are some gems there even with all the issues. I really have a soft spot for it and respect a lot of the ex/current members especially the old privacy/encryption posters because they were very intelligent and thoughtful. I wish some still posted but they are either sitting on a beach drinking mojito's 🧉🍸🍹 or in prison 🚔.
That is one of the reasons I do not go to Wilders any longer

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
LOL. What we really need is the human/computer condom with a tin foil hat inside a faraday cage located in an underground bunker with no windows.
dr-strangelove-dr-strangelove-or-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-the-bomb.gif

Source: Tenor

What about your feet? they look exposed:p
I am a cheapskate, my current layered security strategy is almost all free products / services, the shoes represent Windows Security which everything is layered on top of. 😁

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
I am a cheapskate, my current layered security strategy is almost all free products / services, the shoes represent Windows Security which everything is layered on top of.
When you think about it it's pretty ironic :rolleyes:, you run all these paid 3 party apps and tools for layered security then you use a free antivirus to protect you.

Doesn't make much sense :unsure:, does it?

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
When you think about it it's pretty ironic :rolleyes:, you run all these paid 3 party apps and tools for layered security then you use a free antivirus to protect you.

Doesn't make much sense :unsure:, does it?
My current Windows layered security setup is: Windows Security set to Recommended Settings by DefenderUI (Bitdefender Antivirus Free is my second choice, but may return to being my first choice again), AdGuard (Lifetime), AdGuard DNS / AdGuard VPN (2 years 75% off, which I just got two days ago), Malwarebytes Browser Guard, Norton Power Eraser, Sophos Scan & Clean, ESET Online Scanner, Malwarebytes AdwCleaner, and Microsoft Edge.

My current Android layered security setup is: Google Protect, Bitdefender Antivirus (Free), AdGuard (Lifetime), AdGuard DNS / AdGuard VPN, and Brave Browser.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
That is annoying / unnecessary of Sophos, try this link: Cybersecurity Delivered | Sophos Security Solutions
No, you can download Sophos Scan and Clean @Stopspying @eonline are right, the same thing happened to me the other day that I tried to download Sophos Scan and Clean from the Sophos site, I entered my email and it sent me to a second registration page for me to make another registration like this one from @eonline in post #17. Sophos sometimes complicates things, when they released the last sandboxie versions before they became open source, you couldn't download them without going through the registrations. Since we couldn't, we were forced to download from other sites like majorgeeks.:(

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
No, you can download Sophos Scan and Clean @Stopspying @eonline are right, the same thing happened to me the other day that I tried to download Sophos Scan and Clean from the Sophos site, I entered my email and it sent me to a second registration page for me to make another registration like this one from @eonline in post #17. Sophos sometimes complicates things, when they released the last sandboxie versions before they became open source, you couldn't download them without going through the registrations. Since we couldn't, we were forced to download from other sites like majorgeeks.:(
Code:
x64
https://dl.comss.org/download/SophosScanAndClean_x64.exe

x86
https://dl.comss.org/download/SophosScanAndClean.exe

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
My current Windows layered security setup is: Windows Security set to Recommended Settings by DefenderUI (Bitdefender Antivirus Free is my second choice, but may return to being my first choice again), AdGuard (Lifetime), AdGuard DNS / AdGuard VPN (2 years 75% off, which I just got two days ago), Malwarebytes Browser Guard, Norton Power Eraser, Sophos Scan & Clean, ESET Online Scanner, Malwarebytes AdwCleaner, and Microsoft Edge.

My current Android layered security setup is: Google Protect, Bitdefender Antivirus (Free), AdGuard (Lifetime), AdGuard DNS / AdGuard VPN, and Brave Browser.
You only need to do one small thing and you are 100% safe, cut the cable :LOL:🤣😂

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
Wow, with so many feel good scanners, your day starts must be fantastic. I am only using one (Sophos Scan & Clean) and I am already feeling good (link) ;)(y)(y)(y)
😁 I am basically in the process of narrowing them down. ;)

I have Sophos Scan & Clean set to automatically scan at computer log on, ESET Online Scanner is set to automatically scan once a month or week, and I manually scan once a week with Norton Power Eraser & Malwarebytes AdwCleaner.

That is annoying, Sophos Scan & Clean is possibly one of several scanners that I will possibly be removing from my setup, depending on how the narrowing down process goes.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
? ...what's wrong with (frown) majorgeeks??

• HaHa
Reactions: piquiteco

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
? ...what's wrong with (frown) majorgeeks??
There is nothing wrong with majorgeeks, they are not (frown). I've downloaded many things there and had no problems so far I must have sent the wrong smilies in the post to @goodjohnjr, was not this :( and yes this ;) Will say you got it wrong? You know I do not offend people here on MT. First of all, I sincerely apologize if I offended you.(y)

Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.