Update SecureAPlus Freemium - Updates

Discussion in 'Other Security for Windows' started by sinlam, Jul 24, 2013.

1. sap

sap From SecureAge
    Developer

Sep 26, 2014
    SecureAPlus is from Singapore. We have a representative office in Japan.

2. rpsgc

rpsgc Level 1

Feb 6, 2014
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    Singapore

BryanB and TairikuOkami like this.
  3. sap

sap From SecureAge
    Developer

Sep 26, 2014
    SecureAPlus v4.7.6

Here are some changes that have been done:
    - We found that there was an issue in handling multiple hard disk volumes. If the hard disk volumes are more than 10, rename operation will cause blue screen. This issue has been fixed in this version.
    - Improve Universal AV upload sample file efficiency. The client will let the server know the maximum file size it can upload, according to the daily upload limit set by the client. The server will stop the upload file request when it cannot find the file that meet the criteria.
    - Some improvements in the handling of Windows Subsystem for Linux.
    - UAC (User Access Control) is required when non-admin users restore file from quarantine, to a destination folder where admin right is required.

Andrew999, ZeroDay, BryanB and 2 others like this.
  4. sap

sap From SecureAge
    Developer

Sep 26, 2014
    SecureAPlus v4.7.7

We have released SecureAPlus v4.7.7.
    For the detail of the changes please refer to: Release Notes | SecureAPlus

AtlBo, ZeroDay, BryanB and 3 others like this.
  5. woodrowbone

woodrowbone Level 8

Dec 24, 2011
    Hi sap, I noticed on your homepage that there is a separate module for fileless malware, is this something I need to add to the free "cloud only" install?

/W

AtlBo, ZeroDay, BryanB and 1 other person like this.
  6. sap

sap From SecureAge
    Developer

Sep 26, 2014
    Hi woodrowbone, you don't need to add anything for fileless malware protection. It is a part of the core component, which is the whitelist component. We have extended our whitelist coverage to not only file, but also for fileless attack.

AtlBo, woodrowbone, amico81 and 2 others like this.
  7. woodrowbone

woodrowbone Level 8

Dec 24, 2011
    Btw sap,
    I have 27 false positives showing up every time I start the computer, detected by clam.
    I ignore them permanently but they continue to show up as detected.
    I even disabled the engine from clam, but that does not help.
    It would be nice to have a "report false positive" also together with the "ignore permanently".

/W

8. sap

sap From SecureAge
    Developer

Sep 26, 2014
    #408 sap, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    Before click on "Ignore Permanently", please make sure the item is ticked (the checkbox on the left)

Did you disable ClamWin from the Universal AV settings or from Antivirus settings?
    You should do it from Universal AV settings.
    Currently we are having an issue with ClamWin engine in our cloud. For the details information, and how to disable ClamWin, please refer to: ClamWin issue
    We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

9. woodrowbone

woodrowbone Level 8

Dec 24, 2011
    All boxes were checked, and I disabled ClamWin under Universal AV.
    They still come up as detected...

/W

10. woodrowbone

woodrowbone Level 8

Dec 24, 2011
    The issue is now gone, you fixed it in your end I guess?

/W

11. sap

sap From SecureAge
    Developer

Sep 26, 2014
    Thank you for your update. I think it may be just the matter of refreshing the scan result. Probably last time you did not click on the "Full System Scan" again to refresh the result. We are currently still working on the issue. We will post in our forum if there is any new progress or when the issue has been resolved. I would recommend to disable ClamWin until further announcement.

woodrowbone and bribon77 like this.
  12. sap

sap From SecureAge
    Developer

Sep 26, 2014
    #412 sap, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    Microsoft Windows Meltdown and Spectre patches

Meltdown and Spectre are critical vulnerabilities in modern processor. If you want to find out more, you may refer to: Meltdown and Spectre

Recently Microsoft released Meltdown and Spectre fixes as part of cumulative update for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, labelled KB4056892, which brings the OS Build up to 16299.192.
    Microsoft has implemented a new requirement for a Registry Key that must be installed to enable automated Windows updates. The idea is to ensure installed endpoint security software is compatible with the patches. To be able to receive this patch, we have provided a tool and instructions on how to enable this update. For the details, please refer to: Microsoft Windows Meltdown-Spectre patches

Av Gurus likes this.
  13. sap

sap From SecureAge
    Developer

Sep 26, 2014
    SecureAPlus v4.7.8

This release is to enable Microsoft Windows update for Meltdown and Spectre.
    With this release, there is no longer need to run the tool that we released earlier.
    For the detail of the bugs fixed, and changes, please refer to: Release Notes | SecureAPlus