sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
SecureAPlus v4.7.6

Here are some changes that have been done:
- We found that there was an issue in handling multiple hard disk volumes. If the hard disk volumes are more than 10, rename operation will cause blue screen. This issue has been fixed in this version.
- Improve Universal AV upload sample file efficiency. The client will let the server know the maximum file size it can upload, according to the daily upload limit set by the client. The server will stop the upload file request when it cannot find the file that meet the criteria.
- Some improvements in the handling of Windows Subsystem for Linux.
- UAC (User Access Control) is required when non-admin users restore file from quarantine, to a destination folder where admin right is required.

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Hi sap, I noticed on your homepage that there is a separate module for fileless malware, is this something I need to add to the free "cloud only" install?

/W
Hi woodrowbone, you don't need to add anything for fileless malware protection. It is a part of the core component, which is the whitelist component. We have extended our whitelist coverage to not only file, but also for fileless attack.

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
Btw sap,
I have 27 false positives showing up every time I start the computer, detected by clam.
I ignore them permanently but they continue to show up as detected.
I even disabled the engine from clam, but that does not help.
It would be nice to have a "report false positive" also together with the "ignore permanently".

/W

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Btw sap,
I have 27 false positives showing up every time I start the computer, detected by clam.
I ignore them permanently but they continue to show up as detected.
I even disabled the engine from clam, but that does not help.
It would be nice to have a "report false positive" also together with the "ignore permanently".

/W
Before click on "Ignore Permanently", please make sure the item is ticked (the checkbox on the left)

Did you disable ClamWin from the Universal AV settings or from Antivirus settings?
You should do it from Universal AV settings.
Currently we are having an issue with ClamWin engine in our cloud. For the details information, and how to disable ClamWin, please refer to: ClamWin issue
We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Last edited:

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
Before click on "Ignore Permanently", please make sure the item is ticked (the checkbox on the left)

Did you disable ClamWin from the Universal AV settings or from Antivirus settings?
You should do it from Universal AV settings.
Currently we are having an issue with ClamWin engine in our cloud. For the details information, and how to disable ClamWin, please refer to: ClamWin issue
We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

All boxes were checked, and I disabled ClamWin under Universal AV.
They still come up as detected...

/W

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
The issue is now gone, you fixed it in your end I guess?

/W
Thank you for your update. I think it may be just the matter of refreshing the scan result. Probably last time you did not click on the "Full System Scan" again to refresh the result. We are currently still working on the issue. We will post in our forum if there is any new progress or when the issue has been resolved. I would recommend to disable ClamWin until further announcement.

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Microsoft Windows Meltdown and Spectre patches

Meltdown and Spectre are critical vulnerabilities in modern processor. If you want to find out more, you may refer to: Meltdown and Spectre

Recently Microsoft released Meltdown and Spectre fixes as part of cumulative update for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, labelled KB4056892, which brings the OS Build up to 16299.192.
Microsoft has implemented a new requirement for a Registry Key that must be installed to enable automated Windows updates. The idea is to ensure installed endpoint security software is compatible with the patches. To be able to receive this patch, we have provided a tool and instructions on how to enable this update. For the details, please refer to: Microsoft Windows Meltdown-Spectre patches

Last edited:

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
SecureAPlus v4.7.8

This release is to enable Microsoft Windows update for Meltdown and Spectre.
With this release, there is no longer need to run the tool that we released earlier.
For the detail of the bugs fixed, and changes, please refer to: Release Notes | SecureAPlus

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
SecureAPlus v4.8.0

What's new:
- ClamAV version 0.99.3
- Password protection for SecureAPlus settings.
- QR Code for SecureAPlus ID

Bugs fixed:
- Fixed "File index service is not ready" issue in the Universal AV scanning.

Modifications:
- Take disk and CPU usage as consideration before starting Universal AV auto full system scan upon boot-up. Universal AV will wait until the disk and CPU usage low enough before starts its auto full system scan after boot-up. Previously only CPU usage was used as the parameter.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Hendy have posted some new infos in the Wilders Security forum

There are currently 11 engines in Universal AV. At the moment, there are some bugs with ClamWin so we have temporarily taken it down for fixing.
We are also currently revamping and rotating our roster of AVs. Once this is done we should have 12 AVs running for Universal AV.
For more information on the announcement please refer to the following post last month:

A Quick 2018 Update on Universal AV Engines | SecureAPlus

SecureAPlus Freemium

With best Regards
Mops21

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
SecureAPlus version 4.8.1

Bugs fixed:
- When asking for permission to upload files, Yes and No buttons are not translated to foreign language.
- If ClamAV engine failed to run, turn off and turn on Offline Antivirus settings, does not restart the engine.

Modifications:
- When SecureAPlus server is redirected to SecureAge Management Server, the download file for software update will follow the port that was set. In the previous version only the standard https port is supported.
- Change edit box context menu color, for selected text, the text color is changed from white to black, and the background is set to blue.
- When the computer is just rebooted, stop updating Security Center if SecureAPlus detects that it has been registered in the Security Center.
- Do not prompt "Would you like to refresh the engines now?" when SecureAPlus detected there is any changes on the list of Universal AV engines at the server.
- When one of the checked item is unckecked, the select/unselect all checkbox will also be unchecked.
- The number of the total engine is shown based on the number of the total active engines used at the server.

What's new:
- Show the detail list of unknown and uploaded files in the manual scanner.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Thanks, installed successfully:
S1.png S2.png S3.png S4.png S5.png

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
SecureAPlus version 4.8.1

Bugs fixed:
- When asking for permission to upload files, Yes and No buttons are not translated to foreign language.
- If ClamAV engine failed to run, turn off and turn on Offline Antivirus settings, does not restart the engine.

Modifications:
- When SecureAPlus server is redirected to SecureAge Management Server, the download file for software update will follow the port that was set. In the previous version only the standard https port is supported.
- Change edit box context menu color, for selected text, the text color is changed from white to black, and the background is set to blue.
- When the computer is just rebooted, stop updating Security Center if SecureAPlus detects that it has been registered in the Security Center.
- Do not prompt "Would you like to refresh the engines now?" when SecureAPlus detected there is any changes on the list of Universal AV engines at the server.
- When one of the checked item is unckecked, the select/unselect all checkbox will also be unchecked.
- The number of the total engine is shown based on the number of the total active engines used at the server.

What's new:
- Show the detail list of unknown and uploaded files in the manual scanner.
Automatic upload of samples toggle enables itself back randomly, not every restart.

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Automatic upload of samples toggle enables itself back randomly, not every restart.
Thank you for reporting this to us. There is probably a bug in the Game Mode. Can you help to check whether it still happen when you disable the Game Mode? To disable Game Mode, Right click on SecureAPlus tray icon, and choose Disable Game Mode.
fGIB5ZU.png

Reactions: harlan4096

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Thank you for reporting this to us. There is probably a bug in the Game Mode. Can you help to check whether it still happen when you disable the Game Mode? To disable Game Mode, Right click on SecureAPlus tray icon, and choose Disable Game Mode.
fGIB5ZU.png
I have just installed SAP back since it was conflicting VS, I will report back in a few if that solved it.

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.