SecureAPlus Freemium - Updates

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
I would run memtest86+ for a few passes first, then run chkdsk on all volumes (from a boot disk if possible).

C: may not be dead but it may be corrupt...or your RAM is corrupting data, which may explain why a boot CD is having problems if it didn't before.

You and your computer, get well soon! :)

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Unlike for the enterprise edition, the SecureAPlus version that we distribute in the internet will not block anything when it runs under SafeMode. Personal user can always uninstall SecureAPlus in SafeMode.

Like what Rolo said, it looks like the file is corrupted.
May be you could try the following:
1. Boot up using XP installer CD, and go to recovery console
2. Expand the file, for example:
expand d:\i386\sfcfiles.dl_ c:\Windows\System32

I hope your PC can recover soon.

Reactions: conceptualclarity

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
2. Expand the file, for example:
expand d:\i386\sfcfiles.dl_ c:\Windows\System32

I hope your PC can recover soon.

Thank you. I have never heard of this expanding option. I would love to hear it explained more.

After I used Mini XP to delete the SecureAPlus executables, the paralysis of my Safe Mode ended, and I was able to use System Restore. I did three points, and was told that all three failed, yet they did enough to get my system booting into normal mode again, I am very happy to report.

In the future I will use a computer with a 120 GB SSD, 16 GB RAM, and i3770K. I will be interested in giving SecureAPlus a try then.

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Thank you for your interest in SecureAPlus.

In the blue screen, it indicates that there is something wrong with scfiles.dll. The idea is to copy the file back to \Windows\System32 from Windows XP installer CD. In the installer CD, the file is compressed, and named as scfiles.dl_. To uncompress it, you need a tool called expand.exe, which can also be found in the Windows XP installer CD (\i386\expand.exe).

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Just in time; I was just about to reinstall it to my rewound VM (clean Hyper-V checkpoint).

Some feedback:
  • Have one Apply/Cancel set of buttons for the entire UI, rather than every single tab
    • I made changes but did not hit Apply; I closed the UI and my changes were not saved and I got no prompt asking me to apply them upon closing
    • I made changes on one tab, made changes on the next tab and hit apply on it; I closed the UI, reopened the UI and found my first change was not saved and I got no prompt (which, if I remember correctly, there was a prompt for this on 3.3.5. in which case you probably got feedback saying that that was annoying. I would prefer annoying over an improper configuration)
  • "Exclusions" has the connotation of files being excluded from scanning; "excluding" engines is a bit confusing. Perhaps just call the tab "Engines" with the checkmark enabling the engine
  • Internet usage limit is nice but a bandwidth limit/throttle would be useful as well as large uploads can bring a connection to a crawl
  • "Advanced Settings" button in the "Standard Mode" tab which is right next to "Advanced Mode" is a bit confusing. Perhaps "More Settings..." (ellipsis to denote a further dialog box) would be more fitting
  • Bandizip executables should be included in the restricted applications list; I had Bandizip installed prior to installing SAP and its initial scan (glad I saw your post on this very topic, which should be explained after installation and would give the user something to do while the initial whitelist/scan runs)

Reactions: sap

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Thank you very much for the feedback Rolo. We are currently in the midst of redesigning the UI. Your feedback is very valuable for our future UI design.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Another issue:

There needs to be a "disable permanently" option in addition to the others (5 mins..10 mins...until reboot...). I had to uninstall SAP in order to update Windows 10 (it broke the update and disabling the SAP services didn't work either).

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Another issue:

There needs to be a "disable permanently" option in addition to the others (5 mins..10 mins...until reboot...). I had to uninstall SAP in order to update Windows 10 (it broke the update and disabling the SAP services didn't work either).
It is not possible to disable permanently, because application whitelisting has to be enabled to whitelist the new files that introduced by the update, otherwise the new files will get blocked, and will be resulting to boot up issue. We have to find the process that responsible for the update, and set it as a trusted installer. We will investigate more on this issue. Thank you for informing us.

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
We have just released SecureAPlus v3.3.7.
In this version we fixed the issue with the manual scanning when the offline antivirus is disabled.

Reactions: Koroke San

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
hi,
I registered account but i can';t login in my account & it says my user not found even i already verified my email account.
MGftbPL.png

rxnsvWD.png

Plus my PC is fresh installed weeks ago & i don't installed load of applications in my system . I have 1232 GB HDD & onl 56 GB are used. Dunno why it takes slow to scan even in fast scanning mode. Wonder how will the scan speed perform when i'll install more applications/download movies & crap like that. I hope this program scan speed will improve in future coz no one wants slow scan speed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Terry Ganzi

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
it takes more then 1 hour 30 minutes, that is slow.

Also it will be better when i mouse over on detected threats, it should tell the full location where the malware is located.
gDOHikg.png

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
My "Normal" scan took 16 minutes on 15.6GB, so quadrupling that sounds about right.

- Win10 VM on platter drive, defragmented (the VM and the VHDX file)--defragmented would make an exponentially significant difference
- Disabled Qihoo real-time protection (be sure to disable your existing AV, incl Windows Defender)

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
I don't have qihoo in my system, what r u talking about? eset real time protection has nothing to do with since it didn't interfere with it. Now let the developer answer me, since my questions t from him. I'll rescan my HD again & it scans for new hash for changes only, now scan is fast, didn't restart my system yet.

Now i have only complain about when i mouse hover on selected threats it doesn't show full location details & i need to manually open their locations.
btw i dunno what it flags inside program data folder -
4TcOZ4V.png

Last edited:

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
eset real time protection has nothing to do with since it didn't interfere with it
It has everything to do with it since eset will be scanning those files along with SAP. Your scan time isn't long relative to your content.
As a test, you could try scanning your entire drive with eset and see how long it takes.

To see full location details, double-click on the vertical line between "File name" and "Result"; it will resize the column to the longest filename. (standard convention and it works here)

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Eset only takes 40 minutes to scan on 1st time when i installed it & now it takes lesser time then that. Double click won't help it in quarantine files.I'm gonna uninstall it coz it slow my boot time by 19-20 seconds. Bye.

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
it takes more then 1 hour 30 minutes, that is slow.

Also it will be better when i mouse over on detected threats, it should tell the full location where the malware is located.
During initial full system scan, actually at the same time SecureAPlus is also whitelisting (calculating the hash) of the files. This is slightly different from normal AntiVirus scanning. Usually AntiVirus scanning is only looking for certain pattern in the file. If it can't find the pattern that it is looking for, it will not continue to read the whole file. The initial full system scan will also automatically slow down if it detected there is any user activity (such as mouse movement, or keyboard pressed). This is to give some slice of resources for other process, so that the user can perform work while it is doing initial full system scan. After the first initial full system scan, the subsequent complete system scan should be much faster.

A shortcut for the user to go to the infected file location, may be is something that you are looking for. In the future we will add a context menu to help the user to go to the file location. Thank you very much for your feed back.

Reactions: Rolo and Koroke San

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
I'm pleased with ur product & yes please i'll happy to see when u will add it. The only thing i don't like is it slows my boot time. I have no problem with scan time. If the slow boot will resolve then i'll use it in my pc again.

Reactions: Terry Ganzi and sap

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.