SecureAPlus Freemium - Updates

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
HI i installed new secureAP version first then WSA ,should I put the SEcureAP services and .exe files under allow in Webroot program settings or let Webroot do it ? Thks

Reactions: sap

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
We are pleased to announce the release of SecureAPlus version 4.6.2.

As what we have announced before, Jotti now is changed with Get second opinion. The second opinion will send the hash to VirusTotal web site.

In this version we enhanced Game Mode to automatically detect whether an application is running in full screen mode.

For enterprise, we have made a new dialog to display more information when the SecureAPlus client is communicating with the management server.

More detail changes can be found at: Release Notes | SecureAPlus

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
We are pleased to announce the release of SecureAPlus v4.6.3.

In this version we have fixed the bug where Universal AV prompt for threat detected, but when user click on it, the list is empty.
In the previous version we were trying to reduce false positive by not showing the files that are most likely false positive. Those files should not trigger threat detected notification.

For enterprise, we have added a feature to send SecureAPlus log files to SecureAge Management Server.

truestampede

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 12, 2015
Heya MalwareTips Community!

We just officially announced Add-Ons for SecureAPlus Premium.

Here's what you need to know:
  1. There's an Add-On that expands the capabilities of remote application control via the SecureAPlus Portal
  2. Users can now avail of a ClamAV alternative through an offline engine powered by Avira
  3. Add-Ons are exclusive to SecureAPlus Premium users but are totally optional.
  4. Existing SecureAPlus Premium users (even those that got it from promotions and giveaways) can avail of the upgrade - remaining value of your license will be offset.
  5. We've adjusted the price of the base SecureAPlus Premium packages to make it more accessible to new or renewing users (now starts at $19.99).

Bonus: We are doing a limited time discount as part of the launch so you can actually get the base SecureAPlus Premium (excluding add-ons) at half the cost.

For more information on these developments you can visit the following:

The team has been hard at work to make this possible and essentially opens up SecureAPlus for more things in the future. Let us know what you think of the add-ons as well as what other add-ons might interest you in the future.

Best regards,

SecureAPlus Team

truestampede

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 12, 2015
The SecureAPlus.com site says that Premium costs $22.50/year ;)

The new prices have been updated in the store and would have reflected that price if a purchase was made. It is also now $19.99 on the site as well. We appreciate your feedback on that.

Aug 22, 2017
I just found your product tonight and was wondering can this be used as a full AV/Internet Security product without installing any other AV product? I was worried about it being cloud based so what happens when your server goes down or my PC's goes offline? ALSO do you offer licenses (on the premium features) for multiple PC's or does 1 license work on all my PC's in my house (home user)? Is it fast? I just installed Bit Defender as "everyone" says they are the best but they slowed down my stuff too much for my liking. Please let me know asap as I have to make a decision real quick. I'm either going to choose to try you all out or go with kaspersky ??? Thanks

Reactions: frogboy

truestampede

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 12, 2015
Hey there Jonathan,

Let me try to address each of your questions:

I just found your product tonight and was wondering can this be used as a full AV/Internet Security product without installing any other AV product?

Yes, it can be. The anti-virus part is definitely something we cover with the cloud anti-virus engines (more on this below) and the optional offline AV. The internet security, while I'd like to say yes to as well, is highly subjective depending on your expectation. We do not scan and safeguard your browsing directly - meaning we won't tell you whether a site is dangerous or malicious. However, with Application Whitelisting, any threats (i.e. untrusted files) that manage to enter your system via the web, like a drive-by download and tries to run behind your back will always be blocked.

I was worried about it being cloud based so what happens when your server goes down or my PC's goes offline?

We typically do our best to have our servers up all the time but we do maintenance/upgrades (which we try to announce ahead of time) and the occasional emergency maintenance. During those times you will have the optional offline anti-virus - you can choose between a free option or one powered by Avira. Application control and whitelisting also work while offline so any untrusted applications will still run without your permission which you can either rely on the offline AV for diagnosis, a third-party AV which you already have working with SecureAPlus, or simply block all threats till the servers are back up.

Essentially, with Application Whitelisting still working (your whitelist is kept locally after all), you have full control on what runs due to the block first approach.

do you offer licenses (on the premium features) for multiple PC's or does 1 license work on all my PC's in my house (home user)?

We have multi-PC licenses in the store - currently, there are packages for 1,3 & 5 devices which you can avail either a 1-year or 3-year license.

Is it fast? I just installed Bit Defender as "everyone" says they are the best but they slowed down my stuff too much for my liking.

This is highly subjective. Upfront, our initial full system scan is slow. This is because we create your initial whitelist and we try to ensure that your baseline system is secure. Once the full system scan is completed, a full system scan should be very fast - less than a minute for typical systems but of course this can be longer depending on your internet connection speed and the number of files you have (especially new ones). Also keep in mind to disable the optional offline AV if you're planning to use a third-party offline AV (i.e. BitDefender, Windows Defender, Kaspersky) alongside SecureAPlus - Application Whitelisting and the Cloud AV works well with others, just not the offline AV.

If you would like to try things out, especially the Premium features for multiple device management, you can go for a Premium Trial (once per device) and if you'd like to try the Add-Ons (i.e. that offline AV powered by Avira), you can make a purchase and return it within a month if it proves unsatisfactory via the Moneyback Guarantee.

I hope that you found this helpful in making your decision.

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
SecureAPlus v4.6.4

We have just released SecureAPlus version 4.6.4.

Here are the changes:

Bugs fixed:
- In some situations, new sample files not uploaded to the server during Universal AV full system scan.
- In the rename operation for non-executable files, the real-time scanning did not scan the file, even if the new file name extension is in the inclusion list.
- For SecureAPlus managed by SecureAge Management Server, policy file was rejected when SecureAPlus Id is empty.

Modifications:
- Improve Game Mode detection for full screen mode.
- Before showing license expired, try to retrieve the latest expiry date from the server. If the expiry date has been extended, do not show the license expired notification.

What's new:
- Added more command line rules to cover powershell encoded command.
- Allow SecureAge Management Server to control which SecureAPlus version to be installed on the client machines.

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
SecureAPlus v4.6.5

We've found a bug that caused SecureAPlus to show license expired when there is no internet connection.
This bug is started from SecureAPlus v4.6.4.

Please download SecureAPlus v4.6.5 to fix this issue.

Reactions: Andrew999

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
SecureAPlus v4.6.5

We've found a bug that caused SecureAPlus to show license expired when there is no internet connection.
This bug is started from SecureAPlus v4.6.4.

Please download SecureAPlus v4.6.5 to fix this issue.

Hi sap,

Two questions:

Does the app not have a update function for versions?

Would you consider making the "NoAVoffline" version portable?

/W

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Hi sap,

Two questions:

Does the app not have a update function for versions?

Would you consider making the "NoAVoffline" version portable?

/W
Do you mean the auto update function? Yes, it does.
The user can choose several options:
- Auto update
- Get notified when a new version is available
- Manual update

We have a version without offline AV. At the following link: Free Download Antivirus & Whitelisting | SecureAPlus
You can choose to download the version without offline AV.

It's difficult to make it portable (without installation). Even without offline AV, the application whitelisting requires to install a driver, which is not easy to do as a portable app.

Last edited:
Reactions: woodrowbone

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
We are pleased to announce the release of SecureAPlus v4.7.0.

What's new:
1. Accept wildcard as the parameter in the command line rule.
For example, now you can target all parameter for powershell.exe by setting the rule to block powershell.exe command line that the parameter starts with *.
This will allow you to create a stricter command line rule for the applications that are potentially risky to be misused by the attacker.
Wild card parameter is only applicable for the parameter that has "starts with" rule.
2. Supports whitelisting for Linux native executable files.
This is to support the new Windows feature: Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL).
Currently WSL feature is still Beta in Windows 10. By default WSL is not installed in Windows 10.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.