Sep 26, 2014
Reactions: vtqhtr413

generalwu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
Hi All,

I've a copy of SecureAPlus running in my PC and the update causes my Windows 7 to be in a BSOD loop when powering up.
This happened after SecureAPlus upgraded to v4.7.0.

After looking at the BSOD I've found out that this file "saappctl.sys" (To be found in C:/Windows/system32/drivers) is the cause of the BSOD.
I had to load my drive onto another PC using external hard disk dock and delete the file manually.
After that it booted as per normal, reinstalled the software using the one provided on their official website.

No issues as of now, will monitor for a while.
Hope this helps any other people with a similar issue.

Almost cause me a heart attack. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
To clarify, SecureAPlus v4.71 is actually SecureAPlus v4.6.5.
After installation, the main console will show version 4.6.5.
We have recalled SecureAPlus v4.7.0, which has issue on Windows 7 and below.

Ah okay thank you very much for your Infos but my Version says it is 4.7.1 up to date

With best Regards
Mops21

Last edited:

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
SecureAPlus v4.7.2

We have fixed the Windows 7 and below incompatibility issue that happened in version v4.7.0.

Here are the detail of the changes:
Bugs fixed:
- SecureAPlus v4.7.0 driver was unable to run in Windows 7 and below.
- Scan network file using Avira failed.

Modifications:
- Re-layout untrusted command line prompting. Change the button sequence to: Trust once, Unblock & Trust, Continue Blocking.
Previously the sequence was Unblock & Trust, Continue Blocking, Trust once.
- Do not show the license code if the main console is opened by non-trusted user account.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Hi anyone else notice that everything.exe runs at double the ram resources at 72megs in this latest update.It use to run at around 35

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
SecureAPlus v4.7.4

Starting from Windows 10 Fall Creators (version 1709), Microsoft has improved the update process, by allowing Antivirus to run during the update process.
This is a good news for SecureAPlus too. This means that now SecureAPlus can keep track of the new update files, so it can auto include them into the whitelist.
Unfortunately, in SecureAPlus v4.7.2, after the upgrade process Application Whitelisting driver was not running. This has been fixed in this version.

For Webroot users, now we would leave the final descicion to proceed with SecureAPlus installation to the end user.
We will still notify that for better performance, it is recommended to install SecureAPlus before Webroot.
However, if Webroot has already been installed prior to SecureAPlus, users can make a decision to proceed with the installation.

We have released a special theme for Halloween. This special theme is only available for download during the Halloween Festivities (from 24 October – 2 November).
For users who are interested to download, please login to your SecureAPlus portal account (SecureAPlus Account), and download it from SecureAPlus Account. We will be publishing other new themes soon.

Lastly, we would also like to thank our volunteer, who helps us to translate SecureAPlus into Italian language.
Thank you for making SecureAPlus to be better in touch with Italian speaking users.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

SecureAPlus v4.7.5

Timestamp was not written in the log files.

Release Notes | SecureAPlus

Free Download Antivirus & Whitelisting | SecureAPlus

SecureAPlus v4.7.4

What’s New:
  • /autoconf parameter for SecureAPlus Offline installer. With this new parameter, now it is possible to push SecureAPlus via GPO with a centralized autoconf.ini file (e.g. to push the same license to multiple machines)
  • Added False Positive rule for a file that detected only by 1 Antivirus engine, and possibly Windows Operating System file.
  • Supports Italian language
Bugs Fixed:
  • During uninstallation, SecureAPlus shows “Untrusted command line has been blocked!”. This bug is started from v4.7.0.
  • Fixed French special characters that were not show correctly in during installation.
  • Fixed UI alignment in App Settings->Others->Updates when Offline AV is not installed.
  • Unable to write Unicode file name into the log file while the resuming filename in the initial whitelist contains Unicode characters.
  • After upgrade to Windows 10 Fall Creators (version 1709), Application Whitelisting driver is not running.
  • Unable to delete theme.
  • After switch theme, the theme was changed to default theme after reboot.
  • An executable file created by trusted installer script was not automatically trusted. This bug is started from v4.7.0.
  • The About dialog background color does not follow the theme background, when it is accessed by right clicking on the tray icon.
Modifications:
  • Install SecureAPlus then Webroot sequence now is optional. The user will still be informed that by installing Webroot before SecureAPlus may impact the system performance, but the user can choose to ignore this and proceed with the installation.
  • When restricted user uses Run As Administrator to run an executable file, if the administrator is in the trusted account, the executable will be treated the same as when run in trusted account session. Previously it is depending on the logged on user session.
  • Change Copyright 2013-2016 to 2013-2017.
  • When prompting untrusted dll, tick “Remember my answer for this entire process”. This is to reduce the number of prompting in case an .exe has multiple untrusted dll files dependency.
  • If SecureAPlus server is redirected to SecureAge Management Server, or if it is managed by SecureAge Management Server, do not show “License Extension” section.
  • If Everything does not respond for 2 hours, give user more information about what to do to refresh the database.
  • Modification to support Windows Subsystem for Linux in Windows 10 Fall Creators
With best Regards
Mops21

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
What should i disable in Secureaplus if i want it to run with another free av?

Just download version with no AV - Free Download Antivirus & Whitelisting | SecureAPlus

Clipboard01.jpg

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Can you please tell me, what is the country of origin for SecureAPlus? I would guess Japan, but just to verify. Thank you.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.