SecureAPlus Freemium - Updates

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Some users reported that occasionally their computer hang when using SecureAPlus version 4.2.2.
We released version 4.2.3 to fix this issue.

Reactions: LAGUN

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
So far VirusTotal has not contacted us regarding to this new policy yet. We are not sure whether that is the only way, or there is any other way to comply or to contribute to VirusTotal. Until VirusTotal can communicate with us, we are not able to answer this question yet.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Not every time our server will request to upload a sample file. Only when the server does not have the file then it will request for the upload. For example, for Windows files, since the files are used by may people, as long as the server has got the sample from 1 of SecureAPlus user, it will not request for upload for the same file from another user any more.

Hi

Thank you very much for your informations and for your answers

With best Regards
Mops21

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
I have a question, I already use 360 Total Security Essential with all AV engines on. Would installing SecureAPlus work / have benefits for me or not ... also if it does have benefits, should I pick the version with or without AV? ( Since I use 360 TSE I think I already know the answer, but it can not hurt to ask here none the less does it. :) )

truestampede

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 12, 2015
I have a question, I already use 360 Total Security Essential with all AV engines on. Would installing SecureAPlus work / have benefits for me or not ... also if it does have benefits, should I pick the version with or without AV? ( Since I use 360 TSE I think I already know the answer, but it can not hurt to ask here none the less does it. :) )

Installing SecureAPlus will add more engines and of course the Application Whitelisting component. There will be some overlap (Avira & Bitdefender) on the cloud engines but you have the option of turning it off in the settings.

If you already have an existing local/offline solution, then I'd suggest not to install the Offline AV component of SecureAPlus.

Reactions: Morro and LAGUN

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Installing SecureAPlus will add more engines and of course the Application Whitelisting component. There will be some overlap (Avira & Bitdefender) on the cloud engines but you have the option of turning it off in the settings.

If you already have an existing local/offline solution, then I'd suggest not to install the Offline AV component of SecureAPlus.

Okay, thank you truestampede. :)

D

Deleted member 178

So far VirusTotal has not contacted us regarding to this new policy yet. We are not sure whether that is the only way, or there is any other way to comply or to contribute to VirusTotal. Until VirusTotal can communicate with us, we are not able to answer this question yet.

You should contact them first, it will be bad for your business if suddenly customers will be cut from VT without notice; by asking first , you will get an answer and you will have time to adapt and warn your customers to the situation.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

SecureAPlus version 4.2.4 is out now

What’s new:

• Simplified Chinese translation.
  • Added CyberFox browser, Pale Moon browser, Vivaldi browser, IZArc, PowerArchiver into restricted application list.
  • Select offline AV engine from the Scan Settings.
  • Added “Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG” into trusted certificate list.
  • Added .docm, .xlsm, .pptm, .dot, dotm, .ws, .wsf, .msh, as included file type for real-time scanning.
Bugs Fixed:

• Unable to retrieve scan result. Error code: 123.
  • Application Notification help was not shown properly in some languages.
  • Unable to show license expiry date in Japanese language.
  • Typo: “Licese” changed to “License”
  • Overwritten file was not rescanned by the real-time scanning.
  • On the select all checkbox, when clicking on the right line of the checkbox, the sorting arrow will be shown on the top of the checkbox.
  • Crash in sanotifier.
Modifications:

• Change the About page to a single page, without tab.
  • Resize some buttons to fit some foreign language text.
  • Resize software update notification for German language.
  • Resize Finish Installation dialog to fit Polish translation.
  • Changed Polish translation from “Powtórz skanowanie” to “Powtórz skan”.
  • When expanding the last item “Detected By” in the UAV, set the scroll bar to the bottom.
  • Position the main console at the center of the screen.

https://www.secureaplus.com/download/release-notes/

https://www.secureaplus.com/download/download-thank-you/

With best Regards
Mops21

Last edited:

LAGUN

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 31, 2014
Version 4.2.4 Date: 28 June 2016
What’s new:
  • Simplified Chinese translation.
  • Added CyberFox browser, Pale Moon browser, Vivaldi browser, IZArc, PowerArchiver into restricted application list.
  • Select offline AV engine from the Scan Settings.
  • Added “Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG” into trusted certificate list.
  • Added .docm, .xlsm, .pptm, .dot, dotm, .ws, .wsf, .msh, as included file type for real-time scanning.
Bugs Fixed:

• Unable to retrieve scan result. Error code: 123.
  • Application Notification help was not shown properly in some languages.
  • Unable to show license expiry date in Japanese language.
  • Typo: “Licese” changed to “License”
  • Overwritten file was not rescanned by the real-time scanning.
  • On the select all checkbox, when clicking on the right line of the checkbox, the sorting arrow will be shown on the top of the checkbox.
  • Crash in sanotifier.
Modifications:

• Change the About page to a single page, without tab.
  • Resize some buttons to fit some foreign language text.
  • Resize software update notification for German language.
  • Resize Finish Installation dialog to fit Polish translation.
  • Changed Polish translation from “Powtórz skanowanie” to “Powtórz skan”.
  • When expanding the last item “Detected By” in the UAV, set the scroll bar to the bottom.
  • Position the main console at the center of the screen.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Just finished the update, it is handy for me now that there is support for Vivaldi and CyberFox browsers.

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
We are pleased to announce the release of SecureAPlus v4.3.0.

Here are some of the new features:
- Supports script configuration proxy.
- Settings to scan USB storage device when it is inserted.
- Game Mode.
- Vietnamese translation

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
We are pleased to announce the release of SecureAPlus v4.3.0.

Here are some of the new features:
- Supports script configuration proxy.
- Settings to scan USB storage device when it is inserted.
- Game Mode.
- Vietnamese translation
Thanks for the update! :)

Reactions: sap and frogboy

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Still haven't used my perpetual license. I am very interested but Avast has been my AV + anti exe.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

SecureAPlus version 4.3.0 is out now

What’s new:

• Game Mode – No notifications and UAV auto upload turned off. Since it needs to communicate with UAV service to turn off the auto upload option, Game mode is only available when Universal AV is enabled.
  • Settings to scan USB storage device when it is inserted.
  • Supports script configuration proxy.
  • Prevent Multiple instances of SecureAPlus installer.
  • Vietnamese translation
Modifications:

• For SecureAPlus managed by SecureAge Management Server (SMS), the license can be either managed by SMS or internet. This can be set from autoconf.ini file.
  • Updated Polish and Indonesian Translation
Release Notes - SecureAPlus

Free Download Antivirus & Whitelisting - SecureAPlus

With best Regards
Mops21

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
We have just released SecureAPlus v4.3.1.

Here are the detail of the changes:

Bugs fixed:
- Prevent BSOD when doing real-time scanning in Windows XP.
- "Initial Application Whitelisting" when make into 2 lines was cut off as "Initial Application Whitelisti ng".
- When USB removable storage device is set to "Do not scan", when a USB device inserted it prompts to select files instead.
- Fixed cut off text for Polish translation.
- “Delete” word in manual scanner button was cut off in German language.

Modifications:
- Optimize real-time scanner.
- Updated traditional and simplified Chinese translation.
- Updated Polish translation.
- Updated Vietnamese translation.
- No longer prompting user for the temporary .ps file created by powershell in Windows 10.
- Change unblock color to green, and block color to red (refer to: Switch Block and Allow colors around).
- Updated Russian translation.
- Online installer no longer showing download progress bar in silent mode.

What's new:
- Improve accessibility when navigating scan result (especially for blind and visually impaired people).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.