Security for Windows Sever 2012 - How to make it more secure?

seanss

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 8, 2016
Hi! I've been trying to find a good solution for my Web Server. It runs Windows Server 2012, and hosts a small amount of files on my local network (not anymore but it does have a good amount of archived files on it). It has Bitlocker enabled, Malwarebytes Corporate, and EMET, but I need an antivirus solution for server. No, I'm not talking about some antivirus for home. I don't need any sort of program that protects against web based or phishing attacks since no one uses its GUI. Its used as a Web & File server only, but I need a good suggestion as to an antivirus program that runs specifically on servers/ corporate computers. Some corporate programs (like Sophos File Server) require additional setup because they have to be managed remotely, but I just need an antivirus program that is stable, runs efficiently, and is built for a corporate environment / server environment. Any suggestions?

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Avast Free is a good one I like usiong as my main AV. If you're talking about a business they have some sort of free business plan on their site. :)

Reactions: seanss

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.