Self-Made Fortran Malware Analysis

Malware Analysis Archive
140 Replies 21,298 Views
Status
Not open for further replies.
MS Defender configured

Capture d’écran 2024-12-25 173001.pngCapture d’écran 2024-12-25 173025.png

But once I reset it to default in DefenderUI, it passes without reaction (which was to be expected).

Capture d’écran 2024-12-25 173124.png
 
I see You got no bootable systems, but in the case of Kaspersky, system was not destroyed up to that point, in fact I could reboot without issues, but all my custom settings in my local account were changed to default or removed, for example the taskbar icons pinned, the order of the icons in the desktop, the color theme of the session, things like that, but system was completely usable.
 
Last edited:
I see You got no bootable systems, but in the case of Kaspersky, system was not destroyed up to that point, in fact I could reboot without issues, but all my custom settings in my local account were changed to default or removed, for example the taskbar icons pinned, the order of the icons in the desktop, the color theme of the session, things like that, but system was completely usable.
Above harlan showed that actually execution ofthe sample would cause behavior components to defend at least some damage and the same will happen with some other avs

(Edit Harlan below showed that it was actually the hips component that blocked some of the malicious activity)
 
Last edited:
Hum actually the sample did not trigger any behavior component (although KOTIP service tagged it as malware in 1st execution), but probably Intrusion Prevention, putting it in Low Restricted group, minimized in part, the malicious activities, and avoided to completely destroy the system.
 
Hum actually the sample did not trigger any behavior component (although KOTIP service tagged it as malware in 1st execution), but probably Intrusion Prevention, putting it in Low Restricted group, minimized in part, the malicious activities, and avoided to completely destroy the system.
I don't think it was in the first execution in the opentip sandbox but changing the hash is probably enough to find out
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top