Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Trying without EAM & Rehips would have let us know if there is any incompatibility prob on your system.

Anyway, uBlock Origin it is...excellent software.

By the way, why dont you try software like Rollback Rx?
Its handy for the above & other scenario...create restore point, uninstall EAM/Rehips, test with Adguard, after test restore back to created restore point, any previous restore point.
It has its quirks But you are an expert & can use it efficiently.
I use macrium reflect and i can do what you are saying because i already have a vanilla backup with no security software. I just feel mad about being ignored so i don't want to have anything to do with Adguard.

D

Deleted member 2913

I use macrium reflect and i can do what you are saying because i already have a vanilla backup with no security software. I just feel mad about being ignored so i don't want to have anything to do with Adguard.
Macrium Pro or Free?
Free dont have incremental backup, only differential backup...whats an average size of differential backup?

D

Deleted member 2913

Free. 30GB each image. Not so bad actually.
You mean image on external HDD?

I guess when you install Macrium, you can create image on other partition too, right?
First image will be full system image - Whats the size on your system?
Further images will be differential - Whats an average size of the differential images on your system?
Can the differential images be set automatic like hourly, daily, etc...?

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
You mean image on external HDD?

I guess when you install Macrium, you can create image on other partition too, right?
First image will be full system image - Whats the size on your system?
Further images will be differential - Whats an average size of the differential images on your system?
Can the differential images be set automatic like hourly, daily, etc...?
I only do full system images and the size is a bit less than half of used space of the drive. You can add any schedule you wish and it will do it on it's own.
Can't answer the question about differential backup because i never used them.

D

Deleted member 2913

I only do full system images and the size is a bit less than half of used space of the drive. You can add any schedule you wish and it will do it on it's own.
Can't answer the question about differential backup because i never used them.
So like full system images in few days on external HDD?

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I am little confused, you keep the full images on the system or externally?

Am I hijacking your config thread?
I keep full images on 2 external drives. The faster which is the ssd has the most recent backup and the older backups are moved the second drive which is an hdd in case i need something.
No you are not. Don't mind anyone asking me something about my configuration. This is how we improve.

D

Deleted member 2913

I keep full images on 2 external drives. The faster which is the ssd has the most recent backup and the older backups are moved the second drive which is an hdd in case i need something.
No you are not. Don't mind anyone asking me something about my configuration. This is how we improve.
Then I think Rollback Rx would be handy for you, reasons -
1. Rollback Rx has its quirks But you are an expert & can use it efficiently.
2. Trying software, etc... & reverting back to clean state will be easy/fast...Rollback Rx is fast in creating/restoring, mostly few secs to a min.
3. As mentioned, Rollback Rx has its quirks & guess you know those quirks But any probs, Macrium images will be there to save the day.
4. Dont know about latest Rollback Rx version & SSD compatibility, if you have SSD on system?

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
2. Trying software, etc... & reverting back to clean state will be easy/fast...Rollback Rx is fast in creating/restoring, mostly few secs to a min.
3. As mentioned, Rollback Rx has its quirks & guess you know those quirks But any probs, Macrium images will be there to save the day.
4. Dont know about latest Rollback Rx version & SSD compatibility, if you have SSD on system?
I don't know about latest version but a while ago HJLBX told me Rollback Rx doesn't support ssd and the devs don't acknowledge that.
That's why i never tried it. Plus you can only have 7 version for free version and i don't see me buying a such expensive product for backups i already have a way to do.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I don't know about latest version but a while ago HJLBX told me Rollback Rx doesn't support ssd and the devs don't acknowledge that.
That's why i never tried it. Plus you can only have 1 version for the free version and i don't see me buying a such expensive product for backups i already have a way to do.
The last time i tried Rollback Rx it messed with my machine and Macrium to the rescue again. :D

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Yeah no reason to change macrium reflect when it never disappointed me. Especially now that i invested in a drive for my backups.
Agreed 100% Macrium has never failed me on i don't know how many rescue operations here, especially in the first few years not that long. I have only been a PC user for 5 years and have made my mistakes along the way and Macrium has saved my Ass many many times. ;)

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Agreed 100% Macrium has never failed me on i don't know how many rescue operations here, especially in the first few years not that long. I have only been a PC user for 5 years and have made my mistakes along the way and Macrium has saved my Ass many many times. ;)
I can't say it ever saved me but it's useful to make my life easier.

D

Deleted member 2913

That's why i never tried it. Plus you can only have 7 version for free version and i don't see me buying a such expensive product for backups i already have a way to do.
Ok, got it.

If you try & like it, no probs Pro version, I can give you a legit perpetual license for Rollback Rx Pro latest version.

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Ok, got it.

If you try & like it, no probs Pro version, I can give you a legit perpetual license for Rollback Rx Pro latest version.
I am pretty sure you will find Macrium Reflect great but the end result is similar to Rollback Rx. So if both work great for you no reason to not use both.
I am sure you will find someone to enjoy the licence and thanks for offering it to me but without ssd support this program has no use to me. Sad that the devs don't try and fix it.

D

Deleted member 2913

I am pretty sure you will find Macrium Reflect great but the end result is similar to Rollback Rx. So if both work great for you no reason to not use both.
I am sure you will find someone to enjoy the licence and thanks for offering it to me but without ssd support this program has no use to me. Sad that the devs don't try and fix it.
If incremental backup & RDP or something that allows fast restore was there in Macrium free, I would have tried it;)

Anyway, I have Rollback Rx Pro & AX64 V2 & currently using AX64 with no probs.

Well, I share license with special persons:);)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I disagree,
He has eliminated one of the "MITM" I too backup in a similar fashion, only I clone using Macrium Paid,
I do not need rollback software. Why add it, I store my cloned backup externally ( a seperate drive) and
hot swap when needed. there is not one logical reason for either of us to add rollback.
Macrium is superior to rollback, and adding rollback would be redundant.

Last edited:

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
If incremental backup & RDP or something that allows fast restore was there in Macrium free, I would have tried it;)

Anyway, I have Rollback Rx Pro & AX64 V2 & currently using AX64 with no probs.

Well, I share license with special persons:);)

did datahorizon sys allready fix those 2 errors for the latest win10 build? the last time I did try 2 weeks ago , I got stuck with an unboottable system :(

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.