Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Funny, it only flagged x32 version, x64 is clean?
This is .zip file (portable).

Clipboard01.jpg Clipboard02.jpg

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
v2.2.2 Beta (26 March 2018)

• new update engine
  • show full app paths in notifications when "show filenames only" is unchecked
  • added grouping for apps with user rules
  • added opening file properties feature
  • cosmetics for the notification ui (issue #146)
  • cosmetics for the apps menu
  • fixed installer who does not removing profile backups
  • fixed signature of apps cannot be checked at startup
  • fixed dns resolution in some cases (issue #127)
  • fixed various memory leaks because of icons resources
  • fixed ui bugs
  • fixed bugs
henrypp/simplewall

henrypp

Level 1
Verified
Aug 24, 2017
v2.2.7 RC (13 May 2018)

- removed search feature (do not used by anyone)
- stability improvements
- fixed loopback blocking (adobe software now working well when you enable loopback connections)
- fixed singly linked list structure alignment for 32-bit
- fixed apps does not change sorting sometimes
- fixed apps does not change group sometimes
- fixed device changes notifications
- fixed bugs

simplewall-2.2.7-bin.zip
simplewall-2.2.7-setup.exe
simplewall-2.2.7-setup.sig
simplewall-2.2.7.sha256

henrypp

Level 1
Verified
Aug 24, 2017

henrypp

Level 1
Verified
Aug 24, 2017
v2.2.12 [6 Juny 2018] (Stable) Updated #2

v2.2.12 [6 Juny 2018]
- fixed win10rs4 netevents subscription (win10rs4+)
- fixed double race condition lock (critical)

v2.2.10 [6 Juny 2018]
- added feature to disable special rules group (issue #181)
- revert special rules highlighting
- fixed listview focusing (issue #164)
- fixed switching modes
- fixed reported bugs
- code cleanup
- fixed bugs

simplewall-2.2.12-bin.zip
simplewall-2.2.12-setup.exe
simplewall-2.2.12-setup.sig
simplewall-2.2.12.sha256

Last edited:

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
I have a bug:
Sometime when you sleep or hibernate your device, simplewall stops working and crashes. It doesn't happen everytime you put or device to sleep or hibernate, only few of the times. There's probably other condition but I couldn't figure. This happens with version 2.2.12 as well.

There was a rules forgetting bug in older version, haven't faced in newer beta and stable versions, hopefully fixed.

Jun 13, 2018
Does this firewall offers protection against other sources modifying the filter list directly? IIUC once you give administrator privileges to a program, it's over. I'm not sure if even WF shows the confirmation dialog if you use cmdlets, and I don't think WFP has any of that GUI stuff.

So maybe some way to detect changes not made by the app (aka doesn't match your own rules)?

Yellowing

Level 5
Verified
Jun 7, 2018
While I really like the firewall, I found that it sends an alarming amount of data to a certain Server starting with 40.x.x.x
Now that I was looking at it with Microsoft Message Analyzer for a while it stopped doing that. Right now it only connects to anything if I request updates.(This time it's only "henrypp.org")
I only have records of it with process monitor. But there's not much information. Not even the IP. (Oops)
It does that many times per second with a payload of about 11300 bits over UDP

Can someone please look at it (Newest version) closer in a VM, with MMA running outside? I suspect it detects package analyzers. :(

Last edited:

fredgo

Level 1
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
Perhaps I'm being dumb, but the skip uac option does what? Everytime I rebookt SW asks for admin privs, and the checkbox doesn't seem to skip this.
Does it truely need admin rights asking every time? No other firewall I've used did this - can't it be installed by admin and run without prompts every time?

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Perhaps I'm being dumb, but the skip uac option does what? Everytime I rebookt SW asks for admin privs, and the checkbox doesn't seem to skip this.
Does it truely need admin rights asking every time? No other firewall I've used did this - can't it be installed by admin and run without prompts every time?
It basically starts using task scheduler if you select that so you have no uac alert.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.