By Staff Site Issues and Feedback

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
OK, so to be clear: anyone who is in the Insiders channel will automatically get a "Risk" tag on their configurations? Wow, that's a little harsh, isn't it?

But so be it if that's the case. I'd rather remain in the Insiders beta ring, at least for now., and keep my security setup the way it is, than get uptight about a tag that has little meaning for me. :)

Just to clarify: come October W11 release, I'd be running Windows 11 but just one cumulative update ahead of the mainstream. This shouldn't be a risky setup. Now, the DEV channel is a different animal.

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
This is new?
New.jpg

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
It has been active for some time, however, it's available only in a few forums.. which is why you may have not seen it until now. It's basically a voting system that will put first the post with the most votes. It also allows the thread starter the select the "answer" to his question by marking the post. :)

Last edited:

alakazam

Level 9
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
I want to report the following issue: I visited this community today after having been absent for a couple of weeks. It asked me to log in and enter the two-step verification code. I checked my email account and no code was arriving. I looked in the Spam folder and I saw something very strange - four emails with verification codes from last week (from the 20th and 21st of October) were in the Spam folder. It's as if someone tried to hack my account or something.

So far, for the past half an hour, there has been no arrival of any new verification code, either in my Inbox or in my Spam folder. I managed to log into my account by using a backup verification code I had stored somewhere just in case.

I require assistance to sort out this issue.

alakazam

Level 9
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
Update: several e-mails with new verification codes just arrived all at the same time (same minute) in my Spam folder. There appears to be something buggy about this site's e-mail system. Regardless, that doesn't explain the e-mails I found from last week in my Spam folder, e-mails that I did not request at the time.

Minimalist

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2020
Starting today I have problems login in using Firefox and uBlock Origin. even if I disable uBo for this site problem remains. I somehow manged to log in if I disabled Enhanced tracking protection for this site and this options in uBo:

1635959602134.png

Has something changed in this forum?
I experience this problem on two systems but only with FF. Using Edge, there is no problem.

EDIT: it seems that I can log in, it just takes about a minute for procedure to complete.

Last edited:

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
I had to log out today because I have been experiencing extremely slow thread posting times.

After logging out, I could not log back in because 2FA is on and I did not receive any confirmation email.

I had to login using one of my backup codes.

Edit
The confirmation email came through now. Still getting delays when i click like on posts or posting comments. Only extension i have now is uBO removed all the other ones.

If I load this site in Mozilla Private browser logged out. Everything loads fast and navigation is also very responsive.
When I am logged in this is when I'm experiencing issues with slow navigation and other problems delays in editing or making new posts etc.

Last edited:

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
I had to log out today because I have been experiencing extremely slow thread posting times.

[...]

Edit
The confirmation email came through now. Still getting delays when i click like on posts or posting comments. Only extension i have now is uBO removed all the other ones.

If I load this site in Mozilla Private browser logged out. Everything loads fast and navigation is also very responsive.
When I am logged in this is when I'm experiencing issues with slow navigation and other problems delays in editing or making new posts etc.
I have the same issue for the past week. Only, I'm not limited to just posting. Press either the edit, like, quote, or reply button takes me at least 10 minutes. And sometimes a refresh of the webpage up to 2-3 minutes.

At first I thought it was an DNS issue, so I flushed my DNS in Windows, changed DNS provider and tried a different browser in a clean no-config-no-extension profile. Sadly, neither of those possible solutions solved the issue for me.

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
I have the same issue for the past week. Only, I'm not limited to just posting. Press either the edit, like, quote, or reply button takes me at least 10 minutes. And sometimes a refresh of the webpage up to 2-3 minutes.

At first I thought it was an DNS issue, so I flushed my DNS in Windows, changed DNS provider and tried a different browser in a clean no-config-no-extension profile. Sadly, neither of those possible solutions solved the issue for me.
I did try all of that as well yesterday even deleted all cache and cookies. Problem remains even with no extensions and my uBO turned off.
Also tried with Cloudflare DNS and NextDNS. no difference. My issues are identical to all your issues.
  • Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press Enter.
  • Type "ipconfig /registerdns" and press Enter.
  • Type "ipconfig /release" and press Enter.
  • Type "ipconfig /renew" and press Enter.
  • Type "netsh winsock reset" and press Enter.
  • Restart the computer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi and harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.