By Staff Site Issues and Feedback

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
@Jack

I switched form FF to EDGE :rolleyes: and all my issues seemed to be gone.
From my side it looks like maybe FF94 was the problem at least for me on MT.
Not sure if its the new site isolation feature on by default or something else.

I will report back if I have any issues with EDGE but none so far for the past hour or so.

J/K
How much did M$ pay you to sell your soul. 🤣

Last edited:

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
@Jack

I switched form FF to EDGE :rolleyes: and all my issues seemed to be gone.
From my side it looks like maybe FF94 was the problem at least for me on MT.
Not sure if its the new site isolation feature on by default or something else.

I will report back if I have any issues with EDGE but none so far for the past hour or so.

J/K
How much did M$ pay you to sell your soul. 🤣
I've done a few server configuration changes, can you try Firefox again and let me know if it's better or the same. Thank you!

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
With my Firefox 94, I noticed kind of slowdowns when I want to give forums "reactions" then it takes a few seconds and on the right corner on top appears like below:

green.png

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
With my Firefox, I noticed kind of slowdowns when I want to give forums "reactions" then it takes a few seconds and on the right corner on top appears like below:

View attachment 261718
I sometimes, like earlier today, before @Jack 's sever configuration changes, have the same with Edge.

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
I've done a few server configuration changes, can you try Firefox again and let me know if it's better or the same. Thank you!
Still having same problems with FF.
If I click like on a post a green progress bar runs on top of the browser with 3 bars at the end and it goes on a loop forever
eventually it stops and the like does not show on the post.

In Edge there is no such issue. You see the progress bar for a few seconds but then it goes away and the like shows on the post.

Last edited:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
It's better but but still inconsistent--and it's Firefox. I reacted to silversurfer's post and it registered instantly but for The_King, the loading bar kept going until I exited out and then came back in. Just reacted to Gandalf_The_Grey's post and it's not instant but faster. Edge seems unaffected.

Edit: posting this comment didn't happen, I had to go out and come back in again.

firefox loading bar.png

Edit: nope, happens in Edge too. Just tried to post something via Edge and it timed out. Wow, this is kind of annoying if you want to know the truth. Re-edit: Edge sandboxed seems to enable instant posts and reactions. Edge unsandboxed and there are the issues. :unsure:

Last edited:

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Still not any better for me, on both Edge and Firefox. Haven't had a timeout yet, but It's still quite a long wait. Had a few times when the like button didn't even add a like to a post and just kept loading.
It's better but but still inconsistent--and it's Firefox. I reacted to silversurfer's post and it registered instantly but for The_King, the loading bar kept going until I exited out and then came back in. Just reacted to Gandalf_The_Grey's post and it's not instant but faster. Edge seems unaffected.

Edit: posting this comment didn't happen, I had to go out and come back in again.

Edit: nope, happens in Edge too. Just tried to post something via Edge and it timed out. Wow, this is kind of annoying if you want to know the truth. Re-edit: Edge sandboxed seems to enable instant posts and reactions. Edge unsandboxed and there are the issues. :unsure:
Still having same problems with FF.
If I click like on a post a green progress bar runs on top of the browser with 3 bars at the end and it goes on a loop forever
eventually it stops and the like does not show on the post.

In Edge there is no such issue. You see the progress bar for a few seconds but then it goes away and the like shows on the post.
Can you switch your layout to the "Workspace" theme and see if there's any improvement? Thanks

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
@Jack

Switched to Workspace. Seems to be working fine so far in FF.
Posting no delays
Editing no delays
Like and other reaction's post no delays.
So far so good. (y)
Ok, thanks! Keep using the theme today and see if you find any issues. I might do some small changes because this layout wasnt supposed to be used yet. :)

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
Ok, thanks! Keep using the theme today and see if you find any issues. I might do some small changes because this layout wasnt supposed to be used yet. :)
Issues are back for me in FF although it seems to happen less often but it still there..
I clicked liked on a post and the blue progress bar is going on a loop. Like does not show.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Issues are back for me in FF although it seems to happen less often but it still there..
I clicked liked on a post and the blue progress bar is going on a loop. Like does not show.
I'm doing some changes and this is why you may have had this issue. Keep using the theme over a longer time frame so that we can see if the lag is constant or just a random thing. Sometimes the network might be the cause rather than the server or layout. : P

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
I've also added a black layout for those who might like a dark style more. There is a switch button in the header now.
The site for me becomes almost unusable in FF when these issues start.
I typed this in FF it would not Post. Had to switch back to Edge.

I will try to use FF on MT has best I can.
Will the logs show which browser I'm using?

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
With these 2 new themes (Workspace) it's better right? I know that you got one lag issue, but overall it's fine with Firefox right? I'll also start using Firefox to see if I can replicate this because with Chrome I did not have any issues.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I typed this in FF it would not Post. Had to switch back to Edge.
Installed latest stable version of FF, 94.0.1 yesterday and initially saw nothing, but I'll try to help and use it more then regular over the weekend just to see if I can help with any reports on it. This post and other internal among the staff was done so far flawless with FF.

Thanks for the reports @The_King (y):coffee:

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
With these 2 new themes (Workspace) it's better right? I know that you got one lag issue, but overall it's fine with Firefox right? I'll also start using Firefox to see if I can replicate this because with Chrome I did not have any issues.
The issue happen less often. So you can say its better. I will report back tomorrow. Let me try it out for 24hrs

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.