Advice Request Sophos Home Premium?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Got an update notification for SHP, after the restart it's still at the 1.2.12 and HMP.A is also at 3.6.13.614 Build 723, not sure what under the hood changes this "update" did, since there's no changelog for users of Sophos Home. Hmm. :rolleyes:
Capture.PNG

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

SHP just updated to 1.3 for me today, does anyone know what the latest update changes? I can't seem to find a change log anywhere.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

They really need to stepup with patch notes.

I do know that I can FEEL performance increases lately. Has anyone else noticed it seems smoother, less impactful on systems?

Reactions: kev216
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

SHP just updated to 1.3 for me today, does anyone know what the latest update changes? I can't seem to find a change log anywhere.
There's no changelog available for new Sophos Home/Sophos Home Premium versions. Confirmed by their support.

Has anyone else noticed it seems smoother, less impactful on systems?
Seems like 1.3 version now has updated HMP.A from previous 3.6.13.614 Build 723 (2017-11-22), to 3.6.16.617 Build (?) (2018-5-21), must've been some great improvements to HMP.A, system do indeed feel more responsive. (y)
Capture.PNG

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Good news. But yes, it's become exceptionally lightweight in recent weeks. Clearly this is a focus on their development, which is a great thing. It's very close to being as light as SEPC IMO.

Reactions: ForgottenSeer 72227
F

ForgottenSeer 72227

There's no changelog available for new Sophos Home/Sophos Home Premium versions. Confirmed by their support.

Seems like 1.3 version now has updated HMP.A from previous 3.6.13.614 Build 723 (2017-11-22), to 3.6.16.617 Build (?) (2018-5-21), must've been some great improvements to HMP.A, system do indeed feel more responsive. (y)
View attachment 190434
Thanks @davisd

Hopefully they will start releasing change logs in the future, it would definitely help to know what changed. I too noticed a performance improvement since the update(y)

Reactions: Andrew999

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
I want to try SHP but I don't know if it is useful to run HitmanPro.Alert together ?
What is "SEPC" ?:unsure:

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Testing SHP. Zero issues.

On the test machine it feels extremely lightweight, lighter than Kaspersky IS which was on there testing prior to this.

SHP is still my favorite suite because of the power of Sophos Heuristic Web Scanner, decent Sophos sigs, but full HMPA and InterceptX integration is really nice.

Also, they have a 20% off sale going on it now I see.

Reactions: JB007
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.