_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Hello, I wanted to participate in testing Deep Armor but from what I saw on the site can no longer make recordings for beta-testing, no more beta testing?
I can confirm, it looks like they have pulled the form down for beta signups, it may be temporary though.
If I hear anything I will let you know, maybe Sarah will post again soon.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Here we go ladies and germs :
DA_SS.png

DeepArmor Free Trial is now available. Try out our new platform – on us. http://bit.ly/2k4izEx

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
How's its detection rate compared to traditional AV and its FPs?

Overall how do you rate its performance since you are using it for some time now?
Detection rate, considering the type of approach being used here, is above average.
As for FP's it is a "cognitive" software, so early on you might see some, but after that I get Zero FP's
but note, that when I test other config's or software I don't start DA till I am back at my Default config.
I would recomned this for those that don't change up their config on a regular basis.
Thanks for asking Harbor ;)

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Detection rate, considering the type of approach being used here, is above average.
As for FP's it is a "cognitive" software, so early on you might see some, but after that I get Zero FP's
but note, that when I test other config's or software I don't start DA till I am back at my Default config.
I would recomned this for those that don't change up their config on a regular basis.
Thanks for asking Harbor ;)
How about comparing its detection rate with top guns like BD, Kaspersky, etc?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
How about comparing its detection rate with top guns like BD, Kaspersky, etc?
I mentioned the other day that I have not run a test on this software due to its age
I think @Evjl's Rain is testing it soon and that will answer many of your questions in that reguard.
I would be surprised if it is not on par with the likes of Bitdefender ;)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Hi @_CyberGhosT_

Just to check. Can install DA with BD, Kaspersky, EAM etc without conflict?

Thanks
I answered this in this thread, but I will say it again.
I Don't run sig-based security, haven't for some time now, so I
honestly can't answer this.
I would assume that it would be ok, you may have to white list
some components that DA may react to, I don't think any of the sig
based suites you list there would react to DA.
Create a Restore point and try it, then post here to help the next user ;)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
the beta version that I was testing would not autostart in a standard user account. It needed admin privs to start up.
Has that changed, or is there a workaround?
I have not had this issue so I can't offer you a solution
brother,
1> are you running any software along side it that may be interfering ?
2> have you tried manually adding it to the start folder ?

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Is it released i.e final version?
I believe so, the message I got from Bryan hints at a update coming this month, here read this:

"My name is Bryan Lares and I’m the product manager for the DeepArmor cognitive anti-malware solution at SparkCognition. First, I wanted to reach out to personally thank you for being part of the DeepArmor beta program. In addition, I wanted to check-in to see how your overall experience has been with the current DeepArmor Beta client? Beta users like yourself have provided invaluable feedback on the features, performance and efficacy of DeepArmor and I wanted to provide a direct line of communication with the DeepArmor product team."

I wanted to offer a pre-release version of our DeepArmor Enterprise Client that we are announcing @ RSA in February. This is our latest and greatest client build including a new UX and significant feature enhancements over the beta client (e.g., background threat detection., real-time file monitoring.

So changes are coming this month, but I think they have it about where they want it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.