SpyShelter Celebrates It’s 8th Birthday - Have you ever tried this program?

SpyShelter Celebrates It’s 8th Birthday - Have you ever tried this program?

• Yes

Votes: 30 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 50 55.6%
  • No, however I'm planning to give it a try

Votes: 10 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Stacksocial didn't write anything, the product is sold "by datpol", datpol puts in all the information into that listing and sells it via stacksocial. It is just like if datpol made an ebay listing. It isn't stacksocial's fault that datpol pulled a bait and switch.
You are perhaps wrong...two questions:
- did you ask StackSocial why they sold you...and still sell...old version?
- did you read this part of EULA - #3E

E. SPYSHELTER REQUIRES ITS USERS TO INSTALL THE SOFTWARE’S LATEST VERSION AND THE CORRESPONDING LATEST MAINTENANCE PACK THEREOF.

YOU, HOWEVER, MUST NOTE THAT IF YOU PURCHASED THE PRODUCT FROM A VENDOR OTHER THAN SPYSHELTER, THE LATTER IS AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR WARRANTIES AND GUARANTEES MADE BY THAT VENDOR IN RELATION TO THE PRODUCT, UNLESS A SPECIFIC AGREEMENT ON THESE MATTERS HAVE BEEN MADE BETWEEN THIS VENDOR AND SPYSHELTER.

USERS WHO PURCHASED THE SOFTWARE FROM VENDORS OTHER THAN DATPOL AND DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THIS EULA AND FALL UNDER THE CONDITIONS/CLASSIFICATIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE PRODUCT TO YOUR VENDOR, WITH ITS CD/USB COVER INTACT AND UNALTERED IN ANY MANNER. FAILURE TO PRESERVE THE PRODUCT AND ITS COVER IN ITS ORIGINAL STATE WILL RESULT TO YOU BEING CONTINUOUSLY BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS EULA.

legitpc

Level 2
Verified
Aug 27, 2015
You are perhaps wrong...two questions:
- did you ask StackSocial why they sold you...and still sell...old version?
- did you read this part of EULA - #3E

Datpol sold a license through StackSocial, they did not sell a version. The product is no longer for sale, and as I said in an earlier reply the product was "sold out" some hours after I promoted the sale through social media assumingly because Datpol realized they still had an open lifetime license listing that they did not intend to have.

Furthermore StackSocial is not a vendor, companies go to stacksocial and create an account and list their own products like people do on ebay or craigslist. StackSocial isn't carrying their own inventory of SpyShelter licenses. Datpol went to StackSocial and created a listing for a lifetime user license. I'm fairly sure that EULA wouldn't count for anything if the issue was brought to before a US court by stacksocial or buyer. On that note the issue is between the buyer and Datpol, not buyer and StackSocial, as StackSocial did everything right. Just like if you bought an item on Ebay from a seller you would sue the seller not Ebay (see numerous Judge Judy cases vs ebay sellers not vs ebay).

Datpol sold a license through StackSocial, they did not sell a version. The product is no longer for sale, and as I said in an earlier reply the product was "sold out" some hours after I promoted the sale through social media assumingly because Datpol realized they still had an open lifetime license listing that they did not intend to have.

Furthermore StackSocial is not a vendor, companies go to stacksocial and create an account and list their own products like people do on ebay or craigslist. StackSocial isn't carrying their own inventory of SpyShelter licenses. Datpol went to StackSocial and created a listing for a lifetime user license. I'm fairly sure that EULA wouldn't count for anything if the issue was brought to before a US court by stacksocial or buyer. On that note the issue is between the buyer and Datpol, not buyer and StackSocial, as StackSocial did everything right. Just like if you bought an item on Ebay from a seller you would sue the seller not Ebay (see numerous Judge Judy cases vs ebay sellers not vs ebay).

I did not know that is how StackSocial worked. Thanks for clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.