Update SpyShelter Celebrates It’s 8th Birthday - Have you ever tried this program?

Discussion in 'SpyShelter (DatPol)' started by MalwareTips Bot, Oct 6, 2017.

?

SpyShelter Celebrates It’s 8th Birthday - Have you ever tried this program?

Poll closed Nov 5, 2017.
  1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

50 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. No, however I'm planning to give it a try

10 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Umbra

Umbra From Emsisoft
    Developer

May 16, 2011
    Community manager
    Vietnam & France
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    HIPS as we know them are dead since Behavior Blockers appeared. Few geeks still use them, most vendors prefers BB because their users won't have much decisions to make.
    Less decisions = less errors = less support tickets = less costs.

Comodo's power was its HIPS , then they added a BB, then disabled the HIPS by default... just that means everything about the decline of the HIPS over the years.

Tiny, Deletedmessiah and Sunshine-boy like this.
  2. Lockdown

Lockdown From AppGuard
    Developer

Oct 24, 2016
    AppGuard LLC Virginia, U.S.
    #102 Lockdown, Dec 25, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    SpyShelter HIPS in the right hands is more powerful protection than any internet security suite can ever hope to be. Automated decision making can never replace human manual if the human making the decisions has the knowledge. The unknowledgeable out there want automated because they can't handle decision making so that is what the industry is attempting to deliver - and one day that automation is going to kill us all (just like SkyNet).

Consumers are partly the reason that products are killed or die off. It is supply-and-demand. That in itself would be a highly complex discussion pertaining to security softs.

dinosaur07 and Sunshine-boy like this.
  3. dinosaur07

dinosaur07 Level 3

Aug 5, 2012
    Bucharest
    Lifetime licenses sale was discontinued so they will go smoothly with yearly licenses up to an extent when they`ll return with lifetime licenses again. It might be a very good strategy.

4. Lockdown

Lockdown From AppGuard
    Developer

Oct 24, 2016
    Datpol\SpyShelter will not offer lifetime licenses again.

5. dinosaur07

dinosaur07 Level 3

Aug 5, 2012
    Bucharest
    Never say never. :)

Sunshine-boy likes this.
  6. Lockdown

Lockdown From AppGuard
    Developer

Oct 24, 2016
    I bet they sell the company or go out of business before they sell lifetime licenses again.

It's because of lifetime licenses that they almost went out of business.

You cannot run a business on one-time sales.

7. dinosaur07

dinosaur07 Level 3

Aug 5, 2012
    Bucharest

Better, as they are awful as support but good for software. I`m sorry i didn`t purchase a LTL at the right time.

8. Lockdown

Lockdown From AppGuard
    Developer

Oct 24, 2016
    They actually disabled a bunch of lifetime licenses. At least that is what some people report. They're self-imploding.

9. DeepWeb

DeepWeb Level 9

Jul 1, 2017
    Nurse
    On a journey
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    I have been using ZAL, Spyshelter, Ghostpress and Keyscrambler. They cause more issues than they fix. Using Keyscrambler right now and I am seriously considering to scrap it. What's even the point? Yes it encrypts keystrokes on the surface but they can still be collected through other means. I just with 3rd party AVs wouldn't blindly whitelist Windows processes that log keystrokes for that oh so holy Cortana search engine...

shmu26 likes this.
  10. dinosaur07

dinosaur07 Level 3

Aug 5, 2012
    Bucharest
    So, better i didn`t buy it. I still have a 1 year unused key for their Spyshlter Premium.

11. Lockdown

Lockdown From AppGuard
    Developer

Oct 24, 2016
    SpyShelter HIPS in in the right hands is high system protection.

Sunshine-boy and dinosaur07 like this.
  12. ichito

ichito Level 2

Dec 12, 2013
    Poland (Cracow)
    We are in SpyShelter thread so could you describe...show...that "more issues than it fix"?

13. DeepWeb

DeepWeb Level 9

Jul 1, 2017
    Nurse
    On a journey
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    For example, they disable keyboard input in virtually all games. They don't work with Microsoft Edge. In fact they don't work with anything that does not allow hooks and dll injections.

Sunshine-boy likes this.
  14. Aluno

Aluno Level 1

Aug 15, 2016
    Jaworzno
    Windows 10
    ESET
    Wat do you mean "They don't work with Microsoft Edge"?

15. Opcode

Opcode Level 18
    Content Creator

Aug 17, 2017
    Caille
    Windows 10
    Yeah, that can be a problem. Try white-listing the games. Maybe you can report to them and see if they can make a game white-list database to help fix this.

16. shmu26

shmu26 Level 53

Jul 3, 2015
    Utopia
    #116 shmu26, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Here's a couple examples:
    1 I tried to change default save location in MS Word, and the change was not accepted.
    After ininstalling SSFW, it worked.

2 I tried to send a fax from PC, using HP officejet multi-purpose printer, from Chrome. The print job kept getting cancelled. Spyshelter support said to disable firewall module. I did better than that: I uninstalled SSFW altogether.

And let's not even talk about compatibility problems with other security softs.

17. Aluno

Aluno Level 1

Aug 15, 2016
    Jaworzno
    Windows 10
    ESET
    I am a user of SSFW and in the past SSP I never had any issue with that or ms office or edge or printing using HP program by wifi or cable connection.
    Now i using SSFW with for example Arcabit IS or ESET or securaplus and ist good.
    Maybe it was a unit error, or there was something corrupted in the windows.
    I am a player too , origin games or steam working fine in my case

18. ichito

ichito Level 2

Dec 12, 2013
    Poland (Cracow)
    Your statement is so vague that it's hard sey something concrete...but I'll try:
    - which was the last version you used?...more than two years ago ver. 10.2 fixed Edge incompatibility...
    - and you can always enable protection level "Allow Microsoft"
    - SS has not only keystroke encryption feature and BTW it can be disabled...if no...
    - you can enable such feature for certain apps or disable for some others (Keystroke Encryption/Process Filter tab)
    - you can also change Hook Guard protection (Keystroke Encryption/Advanced tab)
    - online games issue (Steam/Origin was fixed - v.10.5 and 10.9) and they are already on list excluded processes (Keystroke Encryption/Process Filter tab)
    At the end...I'm using SS from 2010...almost 8 years with SS on XP, Vista, Win7 and 8.1...and I don't remember about some serious issues...incompatibilities...errors...you are perhaps very unlucky user...
    :devil:

DeepWeb and Opcode like this.
  19. Opcode

Opcode Level 18
    Content Creator

Aug 17, 2017
    Caille
    Windows 10
    I think you are right, I recon this is a conflict problem because I've only just realised what was said in this thread.

@DeepWeb said he/she is using "ZAL, Spyshelter, Ghostpress and Keyscrambler"... Four anti-loggers at once? C'mon... Use one anti-logger only, you don't need multiple!

20. shmu26

shmu26 Level 53

Jul 3, 2015
    Utopia
    Regular printing is not the problem. Fax printer is the problem. SS support told me if it is wifi connection, disable firewall module.
    Anyways, if the program works properly for you, that's great.