SpyShelter Celebrates It’s 8th Birthday - Have you ever tried this program?

SpyShelter Celebrates It’s 8th Birthday - Have you ever tried this program?

• Yes

Votes: 30 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 50 55.6%
  • No, however I'm planning to give it a try

Votes: 10 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Here's a couple examples:
1 I tried to change default save location in MS Word, and the change was not accepted.
After ininstalling SSFW, it worked.

2 I tried to send a fax from PC, using HP officejet multi-purpose printer, from Chrome. The print job kept getting cancelled. Spyshelter support said to disable firewall module. I did better than that: I uninstalled SSFW altogether.

And let's not even talk about compatibility problems with other security softs.
But after acting out my frustrations, I did eventually reinstall it. It does things that are hard to find in other programs. Nothing is perfect in this world.

Reactions: Syafiq and Aluno

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I think you are right, I recon this is a conflict problem because I've only just realised what was said in this thread.

@DeepWeb said he/she is using "ZAL, Spyshelter, Ghostpress and Keyscrambler"... Four anti-loggers at once? C'mon... Use one anti-logger only, you don't need multiple!
Wait! No I don't use them all at once. I have used each one of them once individually. It would be quite insane to use them all at once although some may be compatible I guess...

So... is nobody running into a similar issue with Microsoft Edge for Fall Creators Update? When I had Keyscrambler or Ghostpress enabled, I was unable to type anything inside Microsoft Edge. However, disabling them enabled typing again. I do not claim to fully understand what is going on, but I assume it is related to the latest security mechanisms in Edge.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Wait! No I don't use them all at once. I have used each one of them once individually. It would be quite insane to use them all at once although some may be compatible I guess...

So... is nobody running into a similar issue with Microsoft Edge for Fall Creators Update? When I had Keyscrambler or Ghostpress enabled, I was unable to type anything inside Microsoft Edge. However, disabling them enabled typing again. I do not claim to fully understand what is going on, but I assume it is related to the latest security mechanisms in Edge.
I am on win10 fall creators, with updates, I have SSFW running with all modules enabled, and I don't have a problem typing in Edge.

Reactions: Syafiq and DeepWeb

legitpc

Level 2
Verified
Aug 27, 2015
Sometimes you don't even get a rude reply. They just ignore you for a while.

How right you are...

95fqIah.png

Reactions: Syafiq and shmu26

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
How right you are...
As regards to your screenshot...actually your words in an e-mail...how is it possible to have liftime license "not in use for some weeks" if Datpol don't sell such kind of license already almost one year?

Reactions: Syafiq

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
As regards to your screenshot...actually your words in an e-mail...how is it possible to have liftime license "not in use for some weeks" if Datpol don't sell such kind of license already almost one year?

Very simple, maybe the license was bought when they were selling that kind of key, as is lifetime. :)

legitpc

Level 2
Verified
Aug 27, 2015
I built a new PC, uninstalled SpyShelter from old PC, waited a few weeks, installed SpyShelter on new PC, tried to activate and it did not work. In another support ticket with them, or in their FAQ (don't remember where), it said that uninstalling spyshelter deactivates the license.

A previous ticket with them, when SpyShelter deactivated when my network card burned out and I put in a new pcie network card, said the following information:

SpyShelter said:
Your license is intended to be used only on one computer, notice that it cannot be used on new machine.

This is why I made sure to say that this was a user license in this support ticket. And to attach receipt supporting that claim.

This is where I purchased it: Worried About Cyber Crime? Take Full Control of Your System with Malware Protection Combined with a Firewall

You can see it is a single user license for 1 PC, not a single PC license.
On License tab it says: "Restrictions: includes a license for 1 user only"
It does not say 1 PC. They are making crap up to invalidate the license.

The receipt reads:

Spyshelter Firewall: Single User Lifetime License 1 $39.99 $39.99

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

SpyShelter said:
Your license is intended to be used only on one computer, notice that it cannot be used on new machine.
So what? If it's not possible to transfer license to newly installed PC I would drop any business with SpyShelter immediately.
They are making crap up to invalidate the license.
Very sad if it's like that and Datpool doesn't want to make compromise. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

legitpc

Level 2
Verified
Aug 27, 2015
So what? If it's not possible to transfer license to newly installed PC I would drop any business with SpyShelter immediately.

Very sad if it's like that and Datpool doesn't want to make compromise. :confused:

Rest assured, SpyShelter will not get any more business or referrals from me.

On a side note, I found out about SpyShelter after looking for Agnitum Outpost alternative and searched for a lifetime license and found the stacksocial sale, then I shared it on my social media. Some hours later the license was "sold out". I don't think they realized they were still selling lifetime licenses on that site and took it down when they saw purchases coming in and now want to get rid of those lifetime users. That's my theory and opinion, anyway...

D

Deleted member 65228

Rest assured, SpyShelter will not get any more business or referrals from me.
Good idea. Customer support is important, why waste your time giving business to a company who couldn't care less about you when there are plenty who will care about you? :)

More and more people will drop them over time for the same treatment you experienced and eventually they'll go out of business properly.

D

Deleted member 178

Even if SpS was perfect with their customers, they will die anyway because HIPS are dead model. BB and sandboxes dominates now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Syafiq

Even if SpS was perfect with their customers, they will die anyway because HIPS are dead model. BB and sandboxes dominates now.

And that is a shame because BB and sandbox cannot replicate security of HIPS. Sandbox will let all your datas be stolen. But what are you going to do, people do not have skill to use HIPS. People want automation, and automation will never replicate human ability to protect system. People want Cylance and Webroot automation and expect it to provide 100 % protection against 100 % of all threat cases while at the same time causing 0 false positives and no other problems.

There is no substitute for user knowledge and experience.

It is a pathetic state of affairs.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
As long as there are enough people who are paranoid about keyloggers, I think SpyShelter will stay in business. Anyone who keeps googling about protection from keyloggers will eventually land on the SpyShelter site.

Reactions: upnorth

As long as there are enough people who are paranoid about keyloggers, I think SpyShelter will stay in business. Anyone who keeps googling about protection from keyloggers will eventually land on the SpyShelter site.

I think Datpol has been struggling for some time.

Reactions: shmu26

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
This is where I purchased it: Worried About Cyber Crime? Take Full Control of Your System with Malware Protection Combined with a Firewall

You can see it is a single user license for 1 PC, not a single PC license.
On License tab it says: "Restrictions: includes a license for 1 user only"
It does not say 1 PC. They are making crap up to invalidate the license.

The receipt reads:

Spyshelter Firewall: Single User Lifetime License 1 $39.99 $39.99
OK...now I know your story and it seems you even could are right but...always is some "but" ;)...I found intersting thing in tab called "Specs" in which we can see a bit strange info - this is offer of SS v. 10.8.2 that was realased in August 2016...almost 1,5 years ago. If this offer would be valid few monts ago they should talk about v. 10.9.0 (January 2017) or higher.
So I see two options - they cheat users giving them such offer...or you've tried spare some many and bought cheaper license trying to register it although knowing it could be invalid.

@Lockdown
It is a pathetic state of affairs.
+1 (y)

Reactions: dinosaur07

legitpc

Level 2
Verified
Aug 27, 2015
this is offer of SS v. 10.8.2 that was realased in August 2016...almost 1,5 years ago.

That's the version that SS was at when they made the sale page on stacksocial. The license tab states:
  • Updates included
  • Length of access: lifetime

Reactions: enaph

That's the version that SS was at when they made the sale page on stacksocial. The license tab states:
  • Updates included
  • Length of access: lifetime

What does it say in the EULA ? The EULA prevails over everything.

Datpol will state that they are not responsible for anything incorrect that StackSocial wrote on their webpage. This is a common source of disputes between users, the software publisher and the 3rd party seller. Usually the software publisher has terms that disavow any responsibility of errors made by the 3rd party seller.

legitpc

Level 2
Verified
Aug 27, 2015
What does it say in the EULA ? The EULA prevails over everything.

Datpol will state that they are not responsible for anything incorrect that StackSocial wrote on their webpage.

Stacksocial didn't write anything, the product is sold "by datpol", datpol puts in all the information into that listing and sells it via stacksocial. It is just like if datpol made an ebay listing. It isn't stacksocial's fault that datpol pulled a bait and switch.

As for EULA, there's one for registering at stacksocial and one upon installing spyshelter. I'm not going to bother looking through either of them as its going to get me nowhere at this point. The terms of sale are crystal clear: lifetime user license, not lifetime single computer license.

Reactions: bribon77
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.