Advice Request Spyshelter Firewall VPN Killswitch

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

n8chavez

Level 17
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
Spyshelter firewall is able to detect/set up network zones, which can either be marked as trusted or blocked. It's my understand that is a network has been marked as blocked, for example a network adapter, then any and all communication from that "zone" will be blocked. Conversely, and network zone marked as trusted will be allowed. So if I have a local adapter address marked as blocked and a local vpn address (Mullvad uses 10.64.01, NordLynx uses 10.5.0.2, etc) marked as trusted then that in effect will give me a VPN killswitch; blocking all traffic from everything other than my vpn? Is that right? If it is then where do SSF's own network application "rules" come in to play?

I've never been able to figure this out. Any ideas?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.