Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
27-3-2019
Added
windows 10 1809 I do not like but I have to follow the technology.
Advanced system care pro. Compared with wise care pro ASC is 10 times better.
Opera browser. For me is perfect.
Unistall
Mozilla firefox. Use lot of ram.

stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Windows 10 is still free if you have windows 8.1. I tried it today.

stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
First. My ram now is 6 , 7% percent higher. The boot time longer. I have have again theproblem with auto start of microsoft edge like my daughter's pc.And I do not remember what I was doing and I fix it. The telemetry is a hundred times worse at windows 10. I can write an hour to see all the extra problems I have compared to windows 8.1.The only good thing is that to my great surprise is microsoft keep still free the windows 10 and i did not try to activate them ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
First. My ram now is 6 , 7% percent higher. The boot time longer. I have have again theproblem with auto start of microsoft edge like my daughter's pc.And I do not remember what I was doing and I fix it. The telemetry is a hundred times worse at windows 10. I can write an hour to see all the extra problems I have compared to windows 8.1.The only good thing is that to my great surprise is microsoft keep still free the windows 10 and i did not try to activate them ;)
For Edge if I remeber correctly you can disable autostart under privacy settings:
Against telemetry I use O&O ShutUp10 at almost all recommended settings.

stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
For Edge if I remeber correctly you can disable autostart under privacy settings:
Thanks man for your help. I did the same but continued the problem. Then I chose default browser the Opera and the provlem fixed.

Last edited:

stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
@stefanos
Do you know what made your HD spike while using Avast?
Friend i use my lovely 360TS. I mentioned the comments about spying on the camera etc. I did not comment on this, but most of the comments were simply bad. Avast is one very good antivirus with very good protection and LIGHT. Just overseer avast exist many years. Before i thing 2 years had another name. I do not want to be confronted by people who do not know and without having tried a product to say they want and accuse.

Last edited:

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I understand what you mean. I also think Avast is a great antivirus. Not only light, but can also be hardened. I wouldn't be surpriced if I tried it soon. Light but very effective is a nice combination.
Thanks bud.

stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
I understand what you mean. I also think Avast is a great antivirus. Not only light, but can also be hardened. I wouldn't be surpriced if I tried it soon. Light but very effective is a nice combination.
Thanks bud.
If you test it tell my your opinion. With hardener mode and syshardener the protection is top. Phishing protection is maby better from Netcraft Extension

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Thanks man for your help. I did the same but continued the problem. Then I chose default browser the Opera and the provlem fixed.
Some more info and solutions posted today on askvg.com:

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

Yes, you are able to stop Edge in background via Privacy setttings, but I think this is not related to startup. Under Apps>Startup there is no way to turn Edge off, and this is the setting controlling startup. You must use registry tweak or 3rd party app.

stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Yes, you are able to stop Edge in background via Privacy setttings, but I think this is not related to startup. Under Apps>Startup there is no way to turn Edge off, and this is the setting controlling startup. You must use registry tweak or 3rd party app.
I don t know but when I chose default browser the Opera the problem is fixed. Edge not start alone. Anyway thanks my Frind for your tips. :emoji_beer:

stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Some more info and solutions posted today on askvg.com:
Thanks for your help. For this i am happy to MT.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.