Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
2/4/2019
Uninstalls
360TS On windows 10 i can t block the ads. I will get the professional version after little time. ebay have very cheap prices for 360 TS
malwarebytes extension. Many FP especialy at Greek sites
Added
AhnLab V3 Lite
Opera browser Emsisoft Browser Security, Netcraft Extension
Google Chrome, Netcraft Extension

stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
AhnLab V3 Lite First impressions.
Very nice and siple GUI. Very light on system. Low ram. No delays in applications and on boot time. Need 300MB disk space after instalation. No advertising. Good against malware sites. Phishing protection absolutely zero.

stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Uninstall
AhnLab V3 Lite. Antivirus is very nice, but work is needed by ahnlab to be able to have customers from Europe. Support is still in Korean language. He has problems with the updates. Μaybe it does not have a servers in Europe? I dont know why. Βecause when you log on to their page is very slow. The download is very very slow and for the exe and for the virus signatures. For this Ahnlab it try to update signatures and because the download is very slow it send alert error. If the problems are corrected, it will be a very good free protection. At present on my opinion not recommend

Last edited:

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I used the free version. I dont know Voodoo shield so much, as I just recently started to use it. But I think even the free version should be kosher, as it simply deny any executables being run. Another thought I had, was to get Hitman Pro or Zemana premium, with VS pro. Then they could make a scan just when you opened the computer, and after that just let VS run and deny everything you didn't approve. It would be a very light set up, but still pretty untouchable as VS would make sure nothing strange started to make problems.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
@Nevi VS free or pro version? I'm interested but difficult to find a guide for recommended settings

I suggest installing it and getting very familiar with the GUI. In either version you have a choice of 3 main modes and 4 "security postures". These are all explained via flyouts. In Pro there are probably seven substantive options which you may enable/disable. Basically it is this: more restrictions = more alerts. You really need to install it to see the current UI since the User Guide on the website is a bit outdated. Once you are familiar with the UI you will understand better. (y)

stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Have you tried WSA with Voodoo shield? I was surpriced how light on the system it was, and with VS nobody should be able to let any ugly files run.
yes. But now i instal for a while WSA . I will buy 360TS profecional

@Nevi VS free or pro version? I'm interested but difficult to find a guide for the recommended settings
And with free version with default settings you are super secure

Have you tried WSA with Voodoo shield? I was surpriced how light on the system it was, and with VS nobody should be able to let any ugly files run.
Is very secure combo. And with the super web protection from WSA you are very secure

stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
I used the free version. I dont know Voodoo shield so much, as I just recently started to use it. But I think even the free version should be kosher, as it simply deny any executables being run. Another thought I had, was to get Hitman Pro or Zemana premium, with VS pro. Then they could make a scan just when you opened the computer, and after that just let VS run and deny everything you didn't approve. It would be a very light set up, but still pretty untouchable as VS would make sure nothing strange started to make problems.

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
Can u please check If Weebroot writes tons of useless data in program data (WRdata folder) :unsure:

I dont know whether it's to me amico, but I have only tried to have around 4-5 MB. And I have used it a lot. But I think WSA do that writing if you download a lot of questionable files. Then WSA have to have those files watched all the time, hence all the writing. If you dont download a lot of new files, I have a feeling it wont happend. I could be wrong tho, it's just how I feel all the writing happends.

stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
5/4/2019
Added ssd disk :):)

Now with ssd disk i want to install one heavy protection . KFA is time to will come to my laptop :giggle:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.