Computer specs

stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
After a week with Bitdefender free. His performance is unbelievably good. What a quick boot I've never seen with any other antivirus. I didn't see any freezing on my computer like it did a year ago, and it doesn't freeze when it updates. With several samples that I tasted, I found his signatures a little improved. Unbelievably good web protection. The only bad is the hi ram usage. . Very nice surprise to me the Bitfendender free. I'll keep it on my laptop for now. That's what I want from an antivirus. Light on Resources , no delays in applications and browsers , and very good protection for free antivirus :)

stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
I've been in MT since 2014.Since then we have almost every day the question of which is the best antivirus. The first thing you need to do to get good protection is to watch MT and learn to distinguish the dangers. Before I came to MT I wanted a format a week :) . Second we must understand that the virus does not come alone. We invite it . There really are users here at MT who do not need antivirus to stay safe. And you don't need to pay for expensive antivirus to stay safe. And if you pay , and you are happy clicker, and you download everything, again you get infection. Best pprotection is BRAIN ANTIVIRUS. :)

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I've been in MT since 2014.Since then we have almost every day the question of which is the best antivirus. The first thing you need to do to get good protection is to watch MT and learn to distinguish the dangers. Before I came to MT I wanted a format a week :) . Second we must understand that the virus does not come alone. We invite it . There really are users here at MT who do not need antivirus to stay safe. And you don't need to pay for expensive antivirus to stay safe. And if you pay , and you are happy clicker, and you download everything, again you get infection. Best pprotection is BRAIN ANTIVIRUS. :)
Agree.
In the process of acquiring wisdom, it is not uncommon to forget genuine knowledge. In the case of home users, I think it is rare to become an attack target and get infected. Most infections are acquired by mishandling. The attacker is just setting a trap to select mistakes. To put it roughly, I think all malice is fishhook bait. Security software is insurance against misuse, and learning about security is necessary to distinguish real bait from lures.

stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Some changes for better performance.
uninstaled
mozilla firefox. Heavy and some small problems at surfing
advanced systemcare pro. The new version is heavy.
Added
Opera browser. Light with many good options.
Wise care 365 pro. Not good like iobit but is very light.
Eset online scaner. The top scaner for me.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
uninstaled
mozilla firefox. Heavy and some small problems at surfing

I'm not surprised, since Opera works well for your surfing style and testing malware.(y)

I like FF's available privacy settings, etc. and other features, but I've had some funky, slow and disruptive surfing sessions since I installed it. I rarely use it so I'll probably uninstall.

stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
With corona virus i have many time for play. First time i will test Kaspersky cloud free.
The Bitdefender free this time impressed me. I recommend anyone who wants a good lightweight protection. And it is install and forget.

stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Kaspersky cloud free. the best I have tried at free version in the last 2 years. I had tried Kaspersky free but it was quite heavy with delays in applications. This version of 2020 is incredibly lightweight (with tweaks) And it has great protection. Even paid versions can't compare to Kaspersky cloud free. Anyone unable to pay for protection I recommend. 1 Kaspersky cloud free 2 Bitdefender free.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Kaspersky cloud free. the best I have tried at free version in the last 2 years. I had tried Kaspersky free but it was quite heavy with delays in applications. This version of 2020 is incredibly lightweight (with tweaks) And it has great protection. Even paid versions can't compare to Kaspersky cloud free. Anyone unable to pay for protection I recommend. 1 Kaspersky cloud free 2 Bitdefender free.
Have you ever tried F-Secure Safe (free for me from my ISP)?
Wonder how you think it compares to Kaspersky cloud free or Bitdefender free.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Have you ever tried F-Secure Safe (free for me from my ISP).
Wonder how you think it compares to Kaspersky cloud free or Bitdefender free.
I have not used Kaspersky free nor BD free but I have been using F-Secure for a very long time. F-Secure is very very light now (after they dropped BD engine and licensed Avira's). The product is very decent and does not include any useless bloat. I cannot compare it for I have not used the other option (at least extensively) but I do not think you should too. F-Secure offers great protection and does not slow down your PC and, more importantly, it is free in your case. I would definitely go with it. You can check F-Secure's result at MH.

stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Kasperky free on my system is perfect. Very fast boot , very low ram and cpu . Protection realy perfect. Web protection maybe the best. You must pay many money to have the same protection like Kaspersky.
2.jpg

stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
With corona virus I have time to try Avira Prime. I got the offer for 3 months from MT. Anyone who wants to take this offer will have attention. It will give youwith email the installer in Italian. Do not install because it does not change the language and is old version. Make the account only. After search on the browser Avira login. Log in and go to the license. There you download Avira Prime and it gives you the English installer and the new version. I was impressed with the GUI. Very nice after so many years with the old ugly GUI.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.png
4.jpg
6.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.