New Update Surfshark releases Dynamic MultiHop

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
There is no better feeling than announcing news everyone has been waiting to hear. Today we’re doing just that by revealing the long-awaited and finally perfected Dynamic MultiHop! Without further ado, let’s get into those exciting details.

The new Dynamic MultiHop will give you complete customizability of your connection. The old MultiHop offers a list of pre-set server duos. After installing the update, you’ll be able to select both double VPN countries from more than 100 server country locations that we offer!

Besides total customizability, Dynamic MultiHop will give you better security and might improve your speeds.This is because you’ll be able to create server pairs with the servers that work best for you.

The options for your unique server pairs are pretty much endless, so forget the old pre-selected double VPN servers and explore the new Dynamic MultiHop.

Read more below

The last Nexus feature, IP Randomizer, will likely be released at the end of this year

HINT

I would suggest pairing those 10Gbps servers for better speed............may not be true in every case though

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Just updated Surfshark VPN for Windows v4.7.0.999. It now supports Dynamic Multihop

1673916967422.png

1673917542657.png

Now, waiting for the android update

Last edited:

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
The reason why you have a subscription to Surfshark, Nord, or Express is not for privacy or security but it's to hide amongst the millions of other users.

So many people use those 3 vpn's that traffic coming from them would rate multiple GB's a second, easier to hide in the crowd than all alone.

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
The reason why you have a subscription to Surfshark, Nord, or Express is not for privacy or security but it's to hide amongst the millions of other users.

So many people use those 3 vpn's that traffic coming from them would rate multiple GB's a second, easier to hide in the crowd than all alone.

It's true. Using VPNs with several thousands of servers would make you less vulnerable to tracking than using a small-time provider with less servers

With additional features like multihop, IP rotation and IP randomization would make you more difficult to be tracked. Coupled with randomizing your fingerprint with each site you visit would make you even greater in your privacy pursuit.

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
It's true. Using VPNs with several thousands of servers would make you less vulnerable to tracking than using a small-time provider with less servers
Sure, from tracking but what you want is a service and server where thousands of users are simultaneously connected to the same server at the same time. It makes dumping the whole server or capturing full take worthless because there is so much traffic and noise. They would need a data centre to store the PCAP and only a few nation states would have such ability or programs, I assume that's the case anyway. They couldn't justify to target 10's thousands of people at the same time, too much collateral damage on a vpn which by itself isn't illegal. It won't stop a targeted attack, nothing will but it will make it harder which is the goal.

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
@HarborFront let me get this straight, it's like a double VPN? connected to two different countries, and 2 different servers? it's like TOR.
Yes. TOR uses 3 nodes instead.

Some VPNs provide double hop. Perfect Privacy provides up to 4 hops. They are from the same providers

The best set up is to use 3x VPNs and works like TOR

1) use of different VPN providers
2) set up the vpns in the router, laptop/PC and in the virtual machine

Like TOR speed is likely to take a hit though

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I use Nord and the speed is half of what my ISP provides. So using multihop will even half that speed, right?

You have to test which VPN server gives you the better speed.

Does NordVPN provide VPN pre-pairs or can user select the VPNs to pair?

Normally, pre-paired VPNs are of better speeds as tested by the provider...........but not always the case.

Speed can be decided by many factors like location of servers, server congestion, internet traffic, time of the day, whether using 1Gbps or 10Gbps servers etc

Reactions: zkSnark

zkSnark

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 13, 2019
You have to test which VPN server gives you the better speed.

Does NordVPN provide VPN pre-pairs or can user select the VPNs to pair?

Normally, pre-paired VPNs are of better speeds as tested by the provider...........but not always the case.

Speed can be decided by many factors like location of servers, server congestion, internet traffic, time of the day, whether using 1Gbps or 10Gbps servers etc
Nord provides pre-pairs.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
How does the new SS multi-hop VPN service compare with the pre-existing but limited multi-hop options (I think I had about 5 options)? Much faster?

I'd like to use SS more regularly, currently I don't have it installed on any device, and still have 6 months of my license to run. Since SS based itself in the Netherlands(no offence to any of the Dutch people intended) and SS started introducing an AV and a lot of other bloat that I didn't want the standard of the VPN service that I was getting plummeted. No matter what server I tried the speeds mostly seemed to get slower and slower, the Killswitch didn't work, connections dropped with no warning (these last two undermine the point of running a VPN from my point of view), customer service was arrogant, ignorant and slow..... So, is it any better now?

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
How does the new SS multi-hop VPN service compare with the pre-existing but limited multi-hop options (I think I had about 5 options)? Much faster?

I'd like to use SS more regularly, currently I don't have it installed on any device, and still have 6 months of my license to run. Since SS based itself in the Netherlands(no offence to any of the Dutch people intended) and SS started introducing an AV and a lot of other bloat that I didn't want the standard of the VPN service that I was getting plummeted. No matter what server I tried the speeds mostly seemed to get slower and slower, the Killswitch didn't work, connections dropped with no warning (these last two undermine the point of running a VPN from my point of view), customer service was arrogant, ignorant and slow..... So, is it any better now?
SS pre-paired multihop has 12 pairs. You can don't use the AV and other services. Just use the basic VPN service will do.

Never try their customer service so not sure

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Never try their customer service so not sure

I never get why people want top notch customer support from a vpn for anything but billing problems or account recovery. It either works on your machine or doesn't, if it doesn't and you have to do some serious troubleshooting everyday then it's time to move on to another vpn that does work for you without the hassle.

• +Reputation
Reactions: Divine_Barakah

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.