Unlimited Giveaway Symantec Endpoint Unmanaged without time limit

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://www.comss.ru/page.php?id=569
How to get a license
Download unmanaged from the link below [URL='https://www.comss.ru/page.php?id=569']Symantec Endpoint Protection[/URL]
[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.comss.ru/page.php?id=569[/URL]
[SPOILER="Unmanaged installation config "][URL unfurl="true"]https://ibb.co/K70fFMW[/URL][/SPOILER]
[SPOILER="Firewall and exploit only (for compatibility with other av software )"][URL unfurl="true"]https://ibb.co/VLsVFdW[/URL][/SPOILER]

bayawak69

Sep 6, 2020
Click live update reboot and post a screenshot of the definitions date to make sure no corruption is happening on the client's definitions .

Other errors you encounter are minor and won't matter in a non Enterprise environment .

Here's the screenshots right after updating. Thanks a lot Vitali. (y)

Attachments

• sy.PNG
    sy.PNG
    155.5 KB · Views: 815
  • sy2.PNG
    sy2.PNG
    70.2 KB · Views: 812

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
On home systems how does SEP compare to the top vendors home offerings i.e Norton 360, KIS, BD etc.
Let's say it's stronger then any home product only downsides are performance in lastest versions (used to be as light as Norton but it's still light compared to some alternatives ) and false positives of both sonar bloodhound and even the auto protect signatures have lots of false positives but it won't matter to home users that doesn't download random stuff from github or use shady software

And yes I tried to configure it to reduce the false positives but never found any setting good enough for those who use shady software as an alternative for such users I would recommend Kaspersky free/ anti Ransomware but still it would detect some false positives but no where near Symantec level of false positives.

Last edited:

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Let's say it's stronger then any home product only downsides are performance in lastest versions (used to be as light as Norton but it's still light compared to some alternatives ) and false positives of both sonar bloodhound and even the auto protect signatures have lots of false positives but it won't matter to home users that doesn't download random stuff from github or use shady software

And yes I tried to configure it to reduce the false positives but never found any setting good enough for those who use shady software as an alternative for such users I would recommend Kaspersky free/ anti Ransomware but still it would detect some false positives but no where near Symantec level of false positives.
I was thinking of trying it on my Windows system. I do use github though. Kaspersky has been my go to for a while now. I think, once tweaked Kaspersky offers a great level of protection. home users seem to be happy with SEP on home dives on here though. I've setup and configured SEP more times than I can count within the enterprise. Its good to see home users enjoying it. I might check it out on my home Windows system. I'm running using a combination of Microsoft defender, CF and SRP + browser and app hardening at the moment which I'm happy with. However, I do have a tendency to go back to KIS after restoring an image. I might check this out on my system first though.

Thanks for the reply.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
The only thing I meant by git hub is that let's say you download/compile unknown executable to Symantec it might cause a false positive (annoyance) but comodo in a default deny Config like cruel sister settings would act even more aggressive then Symantec stock settings (both can be configerd to act as SRP )
But if you're used to such a hardened setup false positives wouldn't be an issue for you XD

It's only in issue for people who download many shady or unknown code from shady piracy or modding to download new unpopular/ unknown code to Symantec

Personality for my gaming rig I use Kaspersky as it rarely caused me false positives using game mods and SEP with only network component managed by SPEM
A good alternative for Kaspersky would be eset wich have even lower false positives but lower default protection as well

And other devices I run Symantec excluding a low end laptop that is currently running comodo firewall cruel sister settings (Symantec was too heavy )

Last edited:

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Decided to try SEP again. It's 14.3.1169.0100 just for something to do today. After screwing up the install, tried again and all running smooth and light, in spite of all processes totaling over 200MB memory. No slowdowns whatever, even during full in depth scan which is currently in progress. This on Win 8.1 Pro, 64 bit. Spent some time making small adjustments in the configuration. Most recommended were already checked. One curious thing (or maybe not), it shows self managed rather than unmanaged. I don't know if I'm running a trial or not. I've found no place to change to unmanaged. Regardless, I'm liking it, and will look again for a way to change.

Last edited:

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
mine seems not to remember the rules for apps trying to connect to the internet (block/allow). yesterday asked me about firefox, said allow, today is asking me again. same goes for ccleaner etc. the "remember answer" is ticked.

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
So far, I've only made a few changes to the firewall. I don't know anything about writing rules, so would be more apt to screw everything up, so it's just click boxes. Everything seems to be set up almost the way I'd want. Other than minor changes here and there, and running a full scan (over an hour) I'm pretty good. I did find out that self managed client is unmanaged. I also notice just about the time I think I've got it all done, I find something else I hadn't seen before.

Last edited:

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
So far, I've only made a few changes to the firewall. I don't know anything about writing rules, so would be more apt to screw everything up, so it's just click boxes. Everything seems to be set up almost the way I'd want. Other than minor changes here and there, and running a full scan (over an hour) I'm pretty good. I did find out that self managed client is unmanaged. I also notice just about the time I think I've got it all done, I find something else I hadn't seen before.
Unmanaged / self managed is the same thing it basically means that there is no management server connected and yes it's not time limited (client only is unlimited )
But if you would like one day to use the manager(limited 60 day trial ) you can always pm me and I will send you an slf file (Symantec license file ) that has 9+ years license time

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Hello,
Some sites with Cloudflare DDoS protection does not work with SEP firewall. It causes infinite loop "Checking your browser before accessing..."
In firewall settings, you need to untick Enable Stealth Mode Web Browsing. You can leave TCP Resequencing and OS Fingerprint Masquerading on. By default, these settings are disabled.

Enable TCP resequencing: This setting prevents an intruder from taking advantage of the ability to forge (or spoof) a computer’s IP address by randomizing TCP sequence numbers.

Enable OS fingerprint masquerading: This setting keeps programs from detecting a computer’s operating system that runs the SEP client software. This setting works best when TCP resequencing is enabled. The client changes the Time-To-Live (TTL) and identification value of TCP/IP packets to prevent other programs from identifying an operating system by using packet signatures.

THEBOSS

Level 1
Dec 7, 2020
Do not forget to configure settings to the highest possible one, default settings are not good enough.
oh thanks for the notice! Could you please elaborate which setting should I focus more? I mean I have went through all of the settings and I feel like it looks fine. I have just raised the level of sensitivity to level 6 on "Download Insight" tab.

Are there any recommendation on your side should I have done? Thank you in advance!

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
oh thanks for the notice! Could you please elaborate which setting should I focus more? I mean I have went through all of the settings and I feel like it looks fine. I have just raised the level of sensitivity to level 6 on "Download Insight" tab.

Are there any recommendation on your side should I have done? Thank you in advance!
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg

gigi64

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 14, 2012
which installation is better standard client ? or embeded client ? or dark network client ? or typical at first option?

Reactions: Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.