Advice Request The best Firewall distribution for a 32-bit cpu?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Hi all, I am looking for but without success some firewall distribution for a 32 bit cpu and 1GB of ram, it is a very old pc. If anyone can help me I would be very grateful. Thank you very much. Best regards.

Reactions: dinosaur07

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
It was sometime in the past DefenseWall Firewall for which I have a lifetime license. This software was made for 32 bit architecture only. Great firewall but sadly discontinued now. This was almost the best firewall used by me so far.

Edit: I don't remember if it works on Linux. I used it on Windows.

Last edited:

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
It was sometime in the past DefenseWall Firewall for which I have a lifetime license. This software was made for 32 bit architecture only. Great firewall but sadly discontinued now. This was almost the best firewall used by me so far.

Edit: I don't remember if it works on Linux. I used it on Windows.

What operating system?
I am trying to use the pc as a firewall. Thank you very much anyway.

Reactions: dinosaur07
F

ForgottenSeer 72227

Unfortunately I do not know of any good options that still support 32 bit CPUs. I think most if not all major players have removed 32 bit support and only support 64 bit. I looked at PfSense and Opnsense, but same thing...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.