Advice Request The Best Private Search Engine - What are you using?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

If privacy is your primary concern which search engine are you most likely to use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
Is the majority around here still using DDG? I was being a Twit just now and here's a little something. No surprise since there's Bing connections and whatnot.

I'll still use it until someone reports something untoward and then I won't. swisscows anyone? šŸ®

PS, tried that one a while back, slow and truncated results Maybe it got better? Don't know myself as I'm addicted to instant results. šŸ„¶

As soon as the Brave Search open beta started I switched to that, I got better results than DuckDuckGo, and I have not turned back since; I use Google Search on a limited basis as my secondary when I need to look up business contact / hours / address information & for images for YouTube videos, but most of my searches are through Brave Search.

monkeylove

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
Try doing a test similar to what's described here:

and then observe the results. You'll see how various engines derank or hide various links from users.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Try doing a test similar to what's described here:

and then observe the results. You'll see how various engines derank or hide various links from users.

Of course, anything to do with Russia/Ukraine would have best results from Yandex search. Western search engines would censor Russian news accordingly

Last edited:

monkeylove

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
Of course, anything to do with Russia/Ukraine would have best results from Yandex search. Western search engines would censor Russian news accordingly

You can probably do the opposite: enter things that you know Yandex and even Mojeek would censor, and see if it does.

Also, try other topics, as shown in the article.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.