The downfall of smart TVs: From promises of seamless viewing to ad tool on steroids

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
My SONY TV don't bother me much, my Virgin Media media box tries to incessantly get me to rent videos etc, nothing really can be done as it's fibre system.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
As to tracking Virgin Media (Liberty) give a good service but when I hear people say RE: a VPN you need to trust your VPN provider more than your ISP after reading Virgin's privacy (lack of) policy they track every site & use that information in various ways including ad's - I don't trust VM at all, that's why I use a VPN.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.