Not open for further replies.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
No seriously, can we agree about rotations around something? Can we say that night and day are due to rotations? Already there, we have the makings of spheroids. Think about it.

The geoid, ellipsoid, spheroid, and datum, and how they are related—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

Understood, BryanB. But there's enough here for some worthwhile and serious debate. I enjoy this too just reading all the posts.
@plat1098 (y)Same view here and as shown in video 3 ( 18:57 ) in post #34 the rotation part is too obvious as just use a Camera ( up toward the sky and not the flat ground, duh :p ) somewhere in for example the UK and then Australia or New Zeeland and a technic called " Time-lapse " and please let the Flat Earthers do that.:emoji_popcorn: Yes I also understand you @BryanB but so far the majority been pretty adult and friendly IMO. :D:emoji_fingers_crossed:

Time-lapse guide for those that perhaps curios : Timelapse.

Last edited:

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
There is only one serious argument that supports the rotation of Earth. It is conceptually easier than other frames. But, it does not mean that all observed phenomena cannot be explained in the frame with non-rotating Earth. You can even calculate (in theory) the gravitational field that could move the planets and stars, around the Earth.
There is not as obvious with the heliocentric frame. The problem is as follows: If the heliocentric frame is better, then why the astronomers still use a kind of the geocentric frame (invented by Tycho Brahe in XVI century) to calculate the positions of the Moon and planets?
Furthermore, why any particular frame should be better, if in fact, everything in the Cosmos is moving and rotating?

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
It is maybe funny, but no one yet excluded the possibility, that our Cosmos is rotating as a whole, and the Earth (by pure accident) is a center of that rotation. :giggle:

Edit.
More precisely, the rotating Universe should have an axis of rotation. So, there should be some anisotropy in the Universe, which could be probably measurable on the ground of General Relativity. But, we do not know for sure, if General Relativity is true. There are some other theories of gravitation (usually more complex) which cannot be excluded, yet.

Last edited:

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
There's a saying(not sure of the source) if something dosn't make sense there's a dollar behind it. Anyone notice the book sale in the video? Is it nuttier than pecan pie or really a must read, You cant get through the introduction without putting it down.GL all

Last edited:

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
More precisely, the rotating Universe should have an axis of rotation.
No. The rotating universe is a real possibility.
Last thing I heard, the science community talk about that the Universe has no axis or no center but as I lack too much knowledge about that I can't really comment/debate, other then it's mind boggling. But keeping it bit more close and actual apprehendable for most people, at least in our solar system and with the technical tools we own and handle today in our age of time, satellites, cameras, videos etc it should be way more then enough when we talk about the Earth is Flat!? :geek:

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Last thing I heard, the science community talk about that the Universe has no axis or no center but as I lack too much knowledge about that I can't really comment/debate, other then it's mind boggling.
On the base of General Relativity, there are some known experiments which prove, that if the Universe is rotating, then the rotation must be very slow. There is no strong evidence for the rotating Universe, but such possibility cannot be excluded, yet.

But keeping it bit more close and actual apprehendable for most people, at least in our solar system and with the technical tools we own and handle today in our age of time, satellites, cameras, videos etc it should be way more then enough when we talk about the Earth is Flat!? :geek:

That is the problem. Most of us, refute Flat Earth, not because we understand well why it is not a good theory, but because we were taught that Earth is not flat. People generally believe in what is said by authorities and media. The Flat Earth fanboys do pretty much the same, but do not believe the same authorities as we do, and are more suspicious.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
That is the problem. Most of us, refute Flat Earth, not because we understand well why it is not a good theory, but because we were taught that Earth is not flat. People generally believe in what is said by authorities and media. The Flat Earth fanboys do pretty much the same, but do not believe the same authorities as we do, and are more suspicious.
True and I agree and I even mentioned about it before that one need to study/learn just a little bit as that helps but I must add if that wasn't clear before, that one must also use/test ones knowledge practical just as for example with computer knowledge. How else can one actually know if something works or not but nowadays it ain't just authorities and media that control the information and the tools to retrieve it as even common people do and share both online and offline. It's not impossible to both learn and test ones knowledge and many actually do. Just watch Instagram. One great example of many where people learns how to take/edit pictures, not just selfies and on there feet or food :D but actually technical, artistic landscape and night photos etc. Upgrades to DSLR is common.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

People new a lot about astronomy 3 thousand years ago and flat earthers often reference some lines from the bible. One claims there are four corners and another claims it is a circle and so either the translation is wrong or they misunderstood what they were saying. The Mayans even knew about our solar system. I don't see any reason to cover up a flat earth. globe or flat, I don't think many people care that much. When Columbus landed in America, he thought he had landed in India. It been proved the Vikings landed in America long before Columbus but the history books won't be changed. There is a stone in the state of Minnesota that was found under a tree root by a farmer. It was written in 1322, which is long before the 1492 date.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
People new a lot about astronomy 3 thousand years ago and flat earthers often reference some lines from the bible. One claims there are four corners and another claims it is a circle and so either the translation is wrong or they misunderstood what they were saying. The Mayans even knew about our solar system. I don't see any reason to cover up a flat earth. globe or flat, I don't think many people care that much. When Columbus landed in America, he thought he had landed in India. It been proved the Vikings landed in America long before Columbus but the history books won't be changed. There is a stone in the state of Minnesota that was found under a tree root by a farmer. It was written in 1322, which is long before the 1492 date.

See the book entitled America B.C., written in the '70s. A med student acquaintance of mine did work for the author. Fascinating, but little known book!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.