Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Neil deGrasse Tyson — 'The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.'

Exactly.

Now let's get back to what's "true."**

The earth is shaped like a donut.

It's not flat. It's not spherical.

1546206979717.png

Here are a couple of scientific renderings--

1546207036467.png

1546207225913.png

1546207064364.png

Could sort of be like a bagel.

1546207355768.png

And if we keep polluting our own planet, we may be in for a world of sh*t.

1546207600873.png

**According to some drunk guy

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
the debate this thread raises is folly and I think that was the original posters point :emoji_v::love:
No, not at all :LOL: but rather for people to watch, read and try use there own brains. It's of course also a huge bonus when people smile and laugh as we all need that especially when we get bombarded with negativity in all shapes and form. The first video I shared even the Flat Earthers get it 100% right when they say, " Don't believe us, do your own research. ". I would simply add, learn a little bit of Science and it will most likely and hopefully solve itself for those that have a hard time to understand. Then if anyone don't want to understand or even try, well as I said before, dead in the water ( something that seem impossible to be successful ). Hope that makes sense for MTs international viewers.

I must say I'm impressed in both @Andy Ful and @stefanos knowledge in old Greek scientists and philosophers. Thanks for the small lessons.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Neil deGrasse Tyson — 'The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.'
The flat riposte:
The good thing about flat science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.:oops:

And the flat science is much simpler than living in 10 dimensions of the String Theory (or 11 dimensions of the M-theory).
Everything is flat and beautiful - even the perspective is a known trick of the human mind. That is why we can see the illusion of the 3-D objects on the flat TV.

By the way, Neil deGrasse Tyson is a fan of the 'Big Bang Theory' (most successful cosmological theory). Yet, a few people know that there are some interesting alternatives, like the Ekpyrotic Universe of two colliding branes (http://wwwphy.princeton.edu/~steinh/npr/) which can possibly explain as much as 'Big Bang'. The reaction of 'Big Bang' fanboys was very similar to all other fanboys.:unsure:

Last edited:

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
The flat riposte:
The good thing about flat science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.:oops:

And the flat science is much simpler than living in 10 dimensions of the String Theory (or 11 dimensions of the M-theory).
Everything is flat and beautiful - even the perspective is a known trick of the human mind. That is why we can see the illusion of the 3-D objects on the flat TV.

By the way, Neil deGrasse Tyson is a fan of the 'Big Bang Theory' (most successful cosmological theory). Yet, a few people know that there are some interesting alternatives, like the Ekpyrotic Universe of two colliding branes (http://wwwphy.princeton.edu/~steinh/npr/) which can possibly explain as much as 'Big Bang'. The reaction of 'Big Bang' fanboys was very similar to all other fanboys.:unsure:
Like in any other science the truth is our best guess until this moment supported by facts and experiments. So until people understand that they need to prove something, what generations and thousands of years of research from which some people gave and dedicated their lives, the earth is spherical. Theories about the occurrence of everything, the universe, on other hand is at this moment beyond our ability to comprehend or prove anything. Nevertheless, we have theories about that theme also, so there are the best guesses for that matter too. Until some new Newton, Tesla, Copernicus, Einstein, Hawking is born and prove the opposite.

noob guy

Level 1
Verified
Oct 7, 2018
Like in any other science the truth is our best guess until this moment supported by facts and experiments. So until people understand that they need to prove something, what generations and thousands of years of research from which some people gave and dedicated their lives, the earth is spherical. Theories about the occurrence of everything, the universe, on other hand is at this moment beyond our ability to comprehend or prove anything. Nevertheless, we have theories about that theme also, so there are the best guesses for that matter too. Until some new Newton, Tesla, Copernicus, Einstein, Hawking is born and prove the opposite.
Perhaps something very basic about this flat-earth argument, is that if the earth is flat then all our satellites are in trouble. We don't even have to prove the man on the moon, just talk about the satellites in orbit and how they predictably cross the same spot after x number of hours like the moon also does. Sorry if anyone else has mentioned this in this long thread, but take this then as a reiteration.

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
(y)(y)(y)
I forgot the name of the man who invented a wheel.:unsure:

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Perhaps something very basic about this flat-earth argument, is that if the earth is flat then all our satellites are in trouble. We don't even have to prove the man on the moon, just talk about the satellites in orbit and how they predictably cross the same spot after x number of hours like the moon also does. Sorry if anyone else has mentioned this in this long thread, but take this then as a reiteration.
They are as predictable as a flat pendulum.:giggle:
So, there is no mystery at all.:unsure:
It is also possible that if you are going to cross the end of the flat world, then you simply reappear from the other end (like in some computer games).
Similarly, the circle is topologically equivalent to the line segment with glued ends.

Last edited:

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
The flat Earth Theory can explain such things like planets, satellites, horizon, an possibly all we know about the world. The particular explanations can be sometimes even simpler than those we know from the school. The problem is that all those explanations are not so consistent (as a whole) as those accepted by the science.

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
I very much enjoy this type of topic or thread but this specific topic is folly, it calls into question the seriousness of any who participate and there aren't enough of us in this good fight to begin with, so to whimsically eliminate the credibility of any of us for an issue settled centuries ago worries me, MT's has many veiwers who go without our notice. This may offend some good people here, it isn't my intent.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
I very much enjoy this type of topic or thread but this specific topic is folly, it calls into question the seriousness of any who participate and there aren't enough of us in this good fight to begin with, so to whimsically eliminate the credibility of any of us for an issue settled centuries ago worries me, MT's has many veiwers who go without our notice. This may offend some good people here, it isn't my intent.
Yes. This thread is crazy. I really do not know why I like it so much.:unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.