• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
I imagine that hackers, rival security companies and governments have taken Kasperky's code apart line by line and VERY closely scrutinised it. If they found anything to suggest it was spyware or malware then it would be widely publicised and Kaspersky would be ruined as a company. This hasn't happened and I'm sure Kaspersky dont want to take the risk.

European countries don't seem to have a problem with it.

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I imagine that hackers, rival security companies and governments have taken Kasperky's code apart line by line and VERY closely scrutinised it. If they found anything to suggest it was spyware or malware then it would be widely publicised and Kaspersky would be ruined as a company. This hasn't happened and I'm sure Kaspersky dont want to take the risk.

Eugene even offered to give "them" the source code for analysis!!!!
Kaspersky offers to turn over source code to U.S. government

The argument is that the Kaspersky corporation can be subverted or influenced, by various means, to do the will of Russian government agencies.

People aren't worried that Kaspersky products have recon\espionage implants - at this time. It is the "Can this happen...?" and the answer to that question is "Yes."

What can happen and what will happen are two different things, but in times of crisis - like war - it is a given that Kaspersky is going to cooperate with the government.

& mcafee, norton, vipre, webroot will not do the same for their government agencies :cool:

Of course they can. The same issue raised about Kaspersky applies to all foreign softs and the government agencies worldwide that use non-domestic softs.

It's the suggestion that the issue is solely politically motivated that shows a lot of peoples' ignorance. The issues that are raised are valid ones from a cyberwarfare perspective.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Thanks, I have my own job, try to be active in another forum (posting mw results, news and some reviews sometimes) and also moderating (and beta testing) Spanish section in Kaspersky forum, so my time is limited :) apart from all I want to live my own personal life :cool:

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
All my contributions mentioned in my previous post are of course "freeware" ;) of course no money, even in Kaspersky one, but I don't want it.

you are a nice man H96 (y)

i know some moderators who have used their moderator status to secure jobs with AV companies & even used the forums for promotion

& let us get back to topic which is ' kaspersky ' & the ' political propaganda ' over it brilliantly stated by @mlnevese (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.