The Russian Company That Is a Danger to Our Security

Discussion in 'Kaspersky' started by venustus, Sep 5, 2017.

?

Do you trust Kaspersky Lab?

Poll closed Oct 8, 2017.
  1. Yes

78 vote(s)
    78.8%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    21.2%
  1. zzz00m

zzz00m Level 3

Jun 10, 2017
    USA
    Windows 10
    Avira
    I use a German AV. I think they are possibly the most trustworthy. :D

2. Arequire

Arequire Level 18

Feb 10, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Windows 7
    Default-Deny
    Just think of all those systems with Kaspersky installed on them just waiting to be turned into a big ol' botnet by the Russian state. :sneaky:

Weebarra likes this.
  3. venustus

venustus Level 43
    Content Creator Trusted

Dec 30, 2012
    Sydney
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
  4. klaken

klaken Level 2

Oct 11, 2014
    Student
    Chile
    Windows 7
    Comodo
    XD most of the world hates the lies of USA (especially the CIA and FBI) but everyone fears him and that's why they obey ..

Peronally I trust trump more than the previous president at least is more honest ... I connote to many who say the same, trump is unpolitical but at least he is honest with what happens.

I am chilean.

5. blueblackwow65

blueblackwow65 Level 11

Dec 19, 2012
    So is this software safe to use? It is one of the best out there.

6. Tony Cole

Tony Cole Level 27

May 11, 2014
    Emergency medicine ST3
    UK
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    Absolute crap, I'm sorry this is all political, with the UK, USA and EU responsible, trying to alienate Russia to achieve it's 'own' goals. I'd imagine Kaspersky is the most trustworthy.

PcGamer123, Devilish and ZeroDay like this.
  7. Sher

Sher Level 10

Mar 17, 2014
    Pakistan
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    Even, if they do spy on you, I don't give a damn. I am not doing anything wrong on the net.

PcGamer123 likes this.
  8. Slyguy

Slyguy Level 21

Jan 27, 2017
    Fortinet Engineer
    USA
    Other OS
    The nothing to hide argument is paradoxical at best because it assuages itself under the notion that an individual doesn't value individualism.

Nothing to hide argument - Wikipedia

Emilio Mordini, philosopher and psychoanalyst, argued that the "nothing to hide" argument is inherently paradoxical. People do not need to have "something to hide" in order to hide "something". What is relevant is not what is hidden, rather the experience that there is an intimate area, which could be hidden, whose access could be restricted. Psychologically speaking, we become individuals through the discovery that we could hide something to others.

9. low L!fe

low L!fe Level 3

Oct 11, 2014
    Windows 10
    BitDefender
    I moved to BitDefender

catjc and Prorootect like this.
  10. Prorootect

Prorootect Level 46

Nov 5, 2011
    0wN3D by my cat!
    Ha mmm I moved to control all bad guys
    by Policy Control and Redirect Control...

harlan4096 likes this.
  11. TrinitronMSDOS

TrinitronMSDOS Level 2

Sep 29, 2017
    Graphic Designer
    Monaco
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Most softwares i use are from the US or Europe, but i have no problem using Russian or even Chinese companies. What matters is if the company is trustworthy.

As for this Russian spying and fake-news nonsense, i honestly feel it's complete BS. I'm using AdGuard, Kerish Doctor and Movavi Video Suite that are Russian companies and i'm not worried.

There are some exceptions though, for password managers or cloud storage for example, the country where it's based matters. But even then i highly doubt Putin would watch my family pictures on his spare time if he could :ROFLMAO:

Honestly i think it's time to accept that most major countries are spying on each others and their citizens, and the only one that should feel concerned about this are governments and companies with sensitive data.

12. crezz

crezz Level 3

Jun 6, 2017
    Ire
    Other OS
    Norton
    A cynic might say that Kaspersky is rather too good at blocking CIA spying tools and this is why the USA don't like it.

In practice, I feel that any government is capable of spying on me whatever security measures I take. Its the criminals I am more concerned about.

bribon77, mlnevese and harlan4096 like this.
  13. CMLew

CMLew Level 22

Oct 30, 2015
    Registered Safety Practitioner
    Singapore
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    I supposed Adguard is belong to Russian Company?
    Who's still using it (apart from me, a loyal supporter)? lol

14. dinosaur07

dinosaur07 Level 3

Aug 5, 2012
    Bucharest
    Really, i`ve had enough of this pure propaganda, Kaspersky produces very good software, innovative and performant and we are not so important to be spied on. Come on, guys, let`s ignore this false battle.

15. Tony Cole

Tony Cole Level 27

May 11, 2014
    Emergency medicine ST3
    UK
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    I'm going to be blunt - absolute crap. Russia did not hack the Brexit vote nor the USA Presidential elections. The reasons they waffle on and on is because Hillary Clinton cannot accept she lost to Donald Trump. If Hillary had won this would have never been mentioned.

I fully trust Kaspersky and have used their products for many years.

PcGamer123, Devilish and bribon77 like this.
  16. NormanF

NormanF Level 1

Thursday
    USA
    The argument is based on anti-Russian prejudice.

Its not based on any proof of wrong-doing by Kaspersky.

I'd all be for a ban on their products if the company was caught breaking the law.

That's not the case here and people who hate Russians - well they will hate regardless of the facts.

I'm not saying Kaspersky isn't involved in something we don't know about.

Its just that in the current circumstances, the case against the company hssn't even met the due process threshold.

mlnevese and Opcode like this.
  17. Slyguy

Slyguy Level 21

Jan 27, 2017
    Fortinet Engineer
    USA
    Other OS
    Should rename this thread "The United States Company That Is a Danger to Our Security"

Then post a huge picture of INTEL.

18. Opcode

Opcode Level 18
    Content Creator

Aug 17, 2017
    Caille
    Windows 10
    If Kaspersky got banned then Intel should be too. It would probably be a very good decision for the future.

19. boredog

boredog Level 8

Jul 5, 2016
    Retired
    usa
    Windows 10
    Malwarebytes
    PcGamer123, mlnevese and Opcode like this.
  20. Opcode

Opcode Level 18
    Content Creator

Aug 17, 2017
    Caille
    Windows 10
    #100 Opcode, Jan 12, 2018 at 11:06 AM
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018 at 11:15 AM
    AMD have some flaws, not all of them work for AMD. Some of them may work with ARM and other chip manufacturers but in the end, more/all of them work for Intel - not to mention Intel have other vulnerabilities out in the open right now which is unrelated to Meltdown and Spectre.

New one here already:
    New Intel AMT Security Vulnerability Discovered, Millions of Laptops Affected

By default, the standard Meltdown attack isn't compatible with AMD at-least. One of the Spectre variants to-date is compatible with AMD systems however not all of them, and at the same time, all of them do work with Intel as far as I am aware. I don't know how ARM is getting on that much.

The Meltdown patch is also responsible for the performance fiasco we've all been spectating.