Jun 10, 2017
I use a German AV. I think they are possibly the most trustworthy. :D

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
But I suppose if there was some sort of Internet Armageddon , there is always the possibility that Kaspersky might be engineered to allow Russian Malware onto my home network.
Just think of all those systems with Kaspersky installed on them just waiting to be turned into a big ol' botnet by the Russian state. :sneaky:

Reactions: Weebarra

klaken

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
America opinion is irrelevant for most of the world, specially since Trump stepped into power :rolleyes:
XD most of the world hates the lies of USA (especially the CIA and FBI) but everyone fears him and that's why they obey ..

Peronally I trust trump more than the previous president at least is more honest ... I connote to many who say the same, trump is unpolitical but at least he is honest with what happens.

I am chilean.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Even, if they do spy on you, I don't give a damn. I am not doing anything wrong on the net.

The nothing to hide argument is paradoxical at best because it assuages itself under the notion that an individual doesn't value individualism.

Nothing to hide argument - Wikipedia

Emilio Mordini, philosopher and psychoanalyst, argued that the "nothing to hide" argument is inherently paradoxical. People do not need to have "something to hide" in order to hide "something". What is relevant is not what is hidden, rather the experience that there is an intimate area, which could be hidden, whose access could be restricted. Psychologically speaking, we become individuals through the discovery that we could hide something to others.

T

TrinitronMSDOS

Most softwares i use are from the US or Europe, but i have no problem using Russian or even Chinese companies. What matters is if the company is trustworthy.

As for this Russian spying and fake-news nonsense, i honestly feel it's complete BS. I'm using AdGuard, Kerish Doctor and Movavi Video Suite that are Russian companies and i'm not worried.

There are some exceptions though, for password managers or cloud storage for example, the country where it's based matters. But even then i highly doubt Putin would watch my family pictures on his spare time if he could :ROFLMAO:

Honestly i think it's time to accept that most major countries are spying on each others and their citizens, and the only one that should feel concerned about this are governments and companies with sensitive data.

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
A cynic might say that Kaspersky is rather too good at blocking CIA spying tools and this is why the USA don't like it.

In practice, I feel that any government is capable of spying on me whatever security measures I take. Its the criminals I am more concerned about.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
I supposed Adguard is belong to Russian Company?
Who's still using it (apart from me, a loyal supporter)? lol

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I'm going to be blunt - absolute crap. Russia did not hack the Brexit vote nor the USA Presidential elections. The reasons they waffle on and on is because Hillary Clinton cannot accept she lost to Donald Trump. If Hillary had won this would have never been mentioned.

I fully trust Kaspersky and have used their products for many years.

NormanF

Level 7
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
The argument is based on anti-Russian prejudice.

Its not based on any proof of wrong-doing by Kaspersky.

I'd all be for a ban on their products if the company was caught breaking the law.

That's not the case here and people who hate Russians - well they will hate regardless of the facts.

I'm not saying Kaspersky isn't involved in something we don't know about.

Its just that in the current circumstances, the case against the company hssn't even met the due process threshold.

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
D

Deleted member 65228

Why Just Intel? AMD doesn't use intel technology but still have the same flaw.
AMD have some flaws, not all of them work for AMD. Some of them may work with ARM and other chip manufacturers but in the end, more/all of them work for Intel - not to mention Intel have other vulnerabilities out in the open right now which is unrelated to Meltdown and Spectre.

New one here already:
New Intel AMT Security Vulnerability Discovered, Millions of Laptops Affected

By default, the standard Meltdown attack isn't compatible with AMD at-least. One of the Spectre variants to-date is compatible with AMD systems however not all of them, and at the same time, all of them do work with Intel as far as I am aware. I don't know how ARM is getting on that much.

The Meltdown patch is also responsible for the performance fiasco we've all been spectating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.