Windows Edition
Home
Log-in security
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Windows Security (including Virtualization Security/Core Isolation) & ConfigureDefender
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium
SysHardener
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
Windscribe Pro ROBERT is like a server-side Pi-Hole blocking tens of millions of crap domains (malware, phishing, ads, cryptominers, etc.)
Periodic malware scanners
HitmanPro
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Hardened Firefox w/ Bitwarden, Windscribe, Malwarebytes Browser Guard, Dark Reader & HTTPS Everywhere.
Maintenance tools
Bleachbit, VeraCrypt & PatchMyPC scheduled to run daily.
File and Photo backup
Limited personal data on PC, recovery codes and such encrypted w/ VeraCrypt and copied to a HDD as a precaution
iCloud used on multiple devices for photos, etc.
System recovery
None
Risk factors
    • Gaming
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
Computer specs
HP OMEN PC
Ryzen 5 2600 (6 cores, 12 threads @ 4.2GHz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2GB
8GB DDR4
128GB Samsung M.2 (OS + Software)
1TB Toshiba HDD (Games, Large Files, etc.)

Threadripper

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2019
I find it works really well next to Defender, and it has pretty good web filtering.
Precisely my thought process. Windows Defender w/ ConfigureDefender on max is pretty good these days, so combining that with excellent web filtering and a backup which only scans on-execution (and of course anti-exploit and anti-ransomware which monitors disk usage) is a beast of a combo.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.