Trend Micro Changelog

Nightwater

Level 2
Thread author
Jan 26, 2021

"Important Update Available" pop up on Windows​

LAST UPDATED: OCT 04, 2021
Trend Micro Security regularly releases updates to apply security patches and fix known issues as long as you are connected to the Internet.

When you see this pop up, just click the Update button.

September 2021 Release​

Program Version: 17.0.1335.

Trend Micro Security - About Your Software

Issues fixed:

• Blue protection border missing when opening Pay Guard in Mozilla Firefox.
  • Cannot install Trend Micro Toolbar in Windows 32 Bit Operating Systems.

Need help?​

Reach out through our Technical Support for assistance.

Nightwater

Level 2
Thread author
Jan 26, 2021
LAST UPDATED: DEC 08, 2021
Trend Micro Security regularly releases updates to apply security patches and fix known issues as long as you are connected to the Internet.

When you see this pop up, just click the Update button.

December 2021 Release​

Program Version: 17.7.1206.

Issues fixed:

• Persistent Restart Browser pop ups after installation even when Microsoft Edge is not open.
  • No page ratings in Google Search results on Internet Explorer.
  • Recommend Microsoft Edge as the default browser for Privacy Scans as Social Networking Sites stopped support for Internet Explorer.

Need help?​

Reach out through our Technical Support for assistance.

Zartarra

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2019
Is anyone using and/or testing Trend Micro? I recently started to test the latest versions and it seems to be improved. It detected more samples and web protection was also better. The only problem I have, is that it screws up Hitman Pro Alert keystroke encryption.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Trend also slows down app launching, so I find it hard to use. A friend shared me a Trend Micro Maximum Security license last year valid till 2029 but don't think I would use it until they fix the app launching issue.

carl fish

Level 7
Verified
Mar 6, 2012
trend is decent but the lack of firewall and some other issues with programs such as hitmanpro is a drawback to me
If I remember correctly Trend has not had a firewall since 2009 or so, I would not use it at all without vs pro due to the lack of firewall

Last edited:
Reactions: Sorrento

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.