App Review Trend Micro Maximum Security 2022

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello all! :)
Today, we meet again for the test of Trend Micro!
Trend Micro is a Japanese company, known in the world of security.
Formerly known under the brand OfficeScan and PC-Cillin, Trend Micro unveiled the Titanium range in 2011 based on the Cloud.
10 years later, the publisher keeps the same operation but has beefed up its defenses.

In terms of performance, Trend Micro is very good!
We have a powerful Web filtering, very effective which protected us well during the visit on the malicious sites.

In terms of the package, Trend Micro launches an "intense" scan when we reach 100 detections.
It blocks a lot of them, but leaves more than 1000 files, which catches up with the launch.

On the other hand, very annoying bug, the interface of Trend Micro was transparent!
I do not know if it is Trend Micro or the virtual machine, but it was rather painful...

Trend Micro is recommendable for your protection.

RAM Usage : Light
Phishing Test : 3/4 (1 dead, 1 missed)
Malware URL test : 10/10 (all detected)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected by Trend Micro réputation)
Malware Pack : Remaining 1362 to 10642 - all blocked in Run
Result :
- Trend : 0
- Zemana : 0
- Hitman Pro : 0
- McAfee : 1
- NPE : 0

Request by @nico_be_rocky

Last edited:

nico_be_rocky

Apr 4, 2020
thankyou very much @Shadowra :):)
many snub trend micro, but in my opinion for daily use (but also for specific sectors or different uses) it is very interesting, especially in web protection and for those who do not want to configure an antivirus.
I confirm that I had no problems with transparency of the interface, neither in the 2021 nor in the 2022 version, both on w10 and w11. but you're right... rather painful :ROFLMAO:

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Great! I have been using their products for a while and really like them. I like their url blocklists also as a supplement to NextDNS.
A test from today is here ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.