App Review Trend Micro Maximum Security 2023

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
It is strange and dangerous !
@Shadowra , have you more informations about the possibility of recovering the deleted files with Trend Micro ?
A long time ago, with the Titanium versions, Trend Micro had a quarantine.
This is no longer available... (only on ApexOne and OfficeScan)

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
The only missing feature of Trend Micro is that there is no quarantine. I don't know if it's deleted or still in quarantine on the PC.
Trend Micro has a quarantine (though it's not called quarantine) but you can't remove items from the quarantine. By default, quarantined items are kept for 1 year if remember correctly. There's a quarantine folder inside Trend Micro's files in C drive but I don't remember the location at the moment. It's possible to disable Trend's self-defense and delete items from that folder. But it's a weird thing that they don't give a manual option to delete.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Trend Micro has a quarantine (though it's not called quarantine) but you can't remove items from the quarantine. By default, quarantined items are kept for 1 year if remember correctly. There's a quarantine folder inside Trend Micro's files in C drive but I don't remember the location at the moment. It's possible to disable Trend's self-defense and delete items from that folder. But it's a weird thing that they don't give a manual option to delete.
It is possible to delete with the Trend Micro troubleshooting tool as well. Trend Micro is one of these vendors that want to manage the security instead of you so there are many options not provided with them. They believe it’s in the user’s interest.

Harputlu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2016
Trend Micro'nun bir karantinası vardır (buna karantina denmese de) ancak öğeleri karantinadan kaldıramazsınız. Varsayılan olarak karantinaya alınan öğeler, yanlış hatırlamıyorsanız 1 yıl boyunca saklanır. Trend Micro'nun C sürücüsündeki dosyalarının içinde bir karantina klasörü var ama şu an yerini hatırlamıyorum. Trend'in meşru müdafaasını devre dışı bırakmak ve o klasördeki öğeleri silmek mümkündür. Ancak manuel silme seçeneği sunmamaları garip bir şey.
It's weird to me too. Why won't it let me delete it manually?

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
NB: on the PC I have installed it, it was very smooth.
It is very smooth, i have been running it for 2 months now and i have nothing bad to say about it. Zero false positives, it just sits there silent.

Only thing i wish is that on mobile device the web filter is very aggressive, id like to have it on desktop version too.

Memory usage:
trend1.png

Edit: if you want to have decent antivirus on your android device, there isnt much to choose from if you dont want to pay like 50$ usd for 5 device / 1 year licenses. Avast/AVG costs like 15$ for 3 years 15 devices, trend micro 10$ for 5 devices 3 years,

And in my opinion trend on android , with the high setting on web filter is ridiculously good, better than avast or avg

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
The desktop Trend Micro can also be configured to be aggressive for both file and web protection.
I have already set web protection to the highest and enabled all these things guide says, aswell i have enabled email protection against malicious files and im using hypersensitive av setting.

What i mean is that web filtering works differently between mobile and desktop version. android version is on steroids compared to the desktop. In phishtank desktop version blocks some of the links, and with android it will block every single link

thanks for the help tho

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I have already set web protection to the highest and enabled all these things guide says, aswell i have enabled email protection against malicious files and im using hypersensitive av setting.

What i mean is that web filtering works differently between mobile and desktop version. android version is on steroids compared to the desktop. In phishtank desktop version blocks some of the links, and with android it will block every single link

thanks for the help tho
Interesting. I wasn't aware that it's different like that.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.